Coffee or Diet Soda

Options
2»

Replies

• brenstar05
    brenstar05 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone who said coffee (or tea) and wanted to add GOOD LUCK with the Bar Exam. I took it two years ago and it is (not to freak you out) a pretty hellish time. I basically subsisted on take out and five hour energy shots (clearly, I took the healthy approach...). It's great that you're setting aside time to work out and maintain your exercise routine. Way to go!!

Thanks!! I took Indiana last year and it was horrible... and then of course, I couldn't find a job so I moved home to Wisconsin and have to do it all over again. Last year I was able to devote my entire day to just studying. But this year I don't have that luxury so I'm just trying to figure out how to fit everything in. Thanks for the encouragement!! :happy:
  • brenstar05
    brenstar05 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thank you, everyone!! It looks like coffee by a landslide [she said while sipping her second cup of the day]... I appreciate all the input. I do eat lots of naturally energizing foods like fruits and such, and I also keep my water intake for the day fairly steady. I just know that as the next 12 weeks goes by, I'm going to need an extra boost from time to time to get through that last bar review lecture. Last summer when I was studying for the Indiana bar, my Kuerig was my best friend. I tried to cut out most of my caffeine recently but then realized that with all my obligations, that's just not going to happen until things settle down.

I appreciate all the input and encouragement!! Thanks, guys!!:happy:
  • dobyblue
    dobyblue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Diet pop does have artificial sweeteners. The amounts that a typical person would consume in a day (even if they're drinking several sodas) are perfectly safe, but if you have a sensitivity to them or avoiding artificial flavorings is important to you, then that's not a good choice.

Black coffee would probably be a superior choice to diet soda, but just be super aware of how easy it is to add calories to coffee. If it fits into your goals still then there's no issue with it, but just be sure that you're counting that tsp of sugar here and tb of cream there.

Plus, ounce for ounce, coffee provides a lot more caffeine ;).

Look at the extreme conflicts of interest behind the people in the Burdock Group who did the most touted study on aspartame safety (which was paid for by the #1 maker of aspartame) - http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/burdock/

Recent studies have shown a large increase in the risk of several cancers just from ONE can of diet soda daily including leukemia and lymphoma - http://www.naturalnews.com/037772_aspartame_leukemia_lymphoma.html
  • dobyblue
    dobyblue Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    If you think artificial sweeteners are evil, then coffee. If you don't, drink whatever you prefer.

You mean if you support independent peer-reviewed science then coffee, if you support ghostwritten industry-funded pseudoscience then drink whatever you prefer.