Mcdonalds Killed Me

Options
Well I took my two boys to McDonalds for the happy meals and the playland and I really thought I did well. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwhich (no mayo) and the fruit and yogurt snack with walnuts. Dumb!! The walnuts were loaded with calories as well as the sandwhich. Needless to say I didnt leave myself any room for dinner...so what was the logical thing to do? Say screw it and eat 2 slices of pizza, 8 hot wings and wash it down with 3 beers. UGGG!! Okay so back on today..lost control yesterday but must not give up the war just becuase I lost the battle, right? I have got to learn to plan better. I keep making the mistake of eating first and then checking the calories....not smart.

Replies

• samaniegord
    Options
    Well I took my two boys to McDonalds for the happy meals and the playland and I really thought I did well. I ordered a grilled chicken sandwhich (no mayo) and the fruit and yogurt snack with walnuts. Dumb!! The walnuts were loaded with calories as well as the sandwhich. Needless to say I didnt leave myself any room for dinner...so what was the logical thing to do? Say screw it and eat 2 slices of pizza, 8 hot wings and wash it down with 3 beers. UGGG!! Okay so back on today..lost control yesterday but must not give up the war just becuase I lost the battle, right? I have got to learn to plan better. I keep making the mistake of eating first and then checking the calories....not smart.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day!!!

That was your "zig-zag" day! K? Tons of water, keep busy girlie! YOU CAN DO IT!

:flowerforyou:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Plus remember that though the chicken sandwich calories may not have been completely healthy - walnut calories and fat are totally healthy. I know a calorie is a calorie, but if you are going to go over if might as well be with healthy(ier) food than with a super sized big mac meal...
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    :smile: That happens.:smile:
    You just started and as everybody else have to learn a lot. It is not as easy as just plugging the meals in the 'puter. And even worse, only you can find out what works for you. But there is great help and advise here.
    I have by now a "routine" of what I usually eat during the day and since I enter every meal immediately I also know at all times what I have left. That works for me. But I do not have kids that say "I want to go to MC D" and couldn't care less about what that means for your weight loss goal.

Can you get some extra exercise if that happens?
  • samaniegord
    Options
    I am guessing that any exercise would be good right now. I havent even started that yet...you know the excuse? I am going to start when I get a little lighter and get my eating under control. AAHH self-sabotage..my old friend. Maybe I will quit crying about it and try out my hip-hop ab DVD.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    You can do it! What a great day to start moving! YEY YOU!

So jog in place in front of the TV if you have to! Bounce a ball around the yard or house! Get moving simple, and then in no time you will become addicted! You can do it!!!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    My kids have been wanting to go to the Playland at McDonald's and because my willpower is so weak, I keep refusing them. So kudos to you for going and at least trying to plan healthy. McDonald's is misleading with their "healthy" menu. What's a mother to do? Happy meals, Playland, advertise, advertise. Don't beat yourself up too much because you at least were trying to stay on track. And now you can take the lesson from yesterday and learn from it, maybe next time take off half of the bread and cut out some of the walnuts. Eating healthy is a trial and error for us all. Keep going strong...
  • samaniegord
    Options
    Love your sign on name...PrincessLaundry. Too funny! Thanks for your help everyone. Its a process. I didnt gain my weight over-night so I guess I am not going to loose it over-night either. Suprisingly the scale didnt show a gain this morning and I feel a little dehydrated this morning. 3 fat-tires will do that to you. Beer Bad, Water Good.
  • samaniegord
    Options
    Hey Princess you have lost 17 lbs since May? WOW! What are you eating? Are you eating? (haha) You Look great!
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I get the grilled chicken wrap, no mayo , no cheese... small fry... giany diet coke... if I have no other choice, like when traveling...

overboard days happen... drink water, move on! :wink:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Hey Princess you have lost 17 lbs since May? WOW! What are you eating? Are you eating? (haha) You Look great!

Hey der!!! I have lost the weight since April. I used the saying, "How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. How do you change your health? One bite at a time!"

I had a hard time just jumping in with changing my health. I couldn't figure out how to "just be thin!" Finally my husband reminded me 'how to eat an elephant' and I realized this would actually take some work. Thinking of going on a diet is so overwhelming, so I thought of my self project as “healthy changes,” not a “diet.” I resorted to setting up small achievable goals. My pounds did not start really dropping until I started working out AND eating enough food. This is what I set for goals:

1. Stop the hate! Quit pointing out my lumps, bumps and flaws. Practice thinking I am a hottie!
    2. Do not feel guilty about eating food. Food does not equal fat body, overeating and lack of activity do!
    3. No guilt for eating food and drink more water.
    4. All the above and eat only one snack each day.
    5. All the above and make healthier food choices.
    6. All the above and jog in place for 1/2 hour three times a week or a beach run/walk.
    7. All the above and not eat out as much.
    8. All the above and not eat as much as hubby.
    9. All the above and think of new ways to get my kids moving with me.
    10. All the above and eat healthier when we go out to eat or not as much of my favorite foods.
    11. All the above and one snack max per day.
    12. All the above and pack lunches for hubby and kids.
    13. All the above and keep track of the foods I am eating (which brought me to logging on the www.myfitnesspal.com).
    14. All the above and set a obtainable goal weight.
    15. All the above and weigh my foods.
    16. All the above and stay within my food and fitness goals.
    17. All the above and push my workouts to 4 times a week for 45 minutes.
    18. All the above and work to put family on a healthy track for food and exercise.
    19. All the above and make a list of things I have always wanted to do!
    20. To be continued…
  • samaniegord
    Options
    Love the list...no quick fixes. Still hoping for the easy weigh out. Not gonna happen. Your right about the guilt. Let it go! Printing your list and hangin it on the fridge.
  • mimzy
    mimzy Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

"How do you bite an elephant? One bite at a time. How do you change your health? One bite at a time!"

[/quote]

That's a great philosophy, Princess. I really did the same thing as you did. One day at a time and adding a new "bite" to the healthy lifestyle at a time. I"m on a roll and I really think I can say I'm succeeding! It's only been 3 weeks since I started "eating my elephant" but I feel the difference in my attitude so I know I will succeed. I feel the same determination I did when I quit smoking a year ago. It's really exciting!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Love the list...no quick fixes. Still hoping for the easy weigh out. Not gonna happen. Your right about the guilt. Let it go! Printing your list and hangin it on the fridge.

Sorry it was so lengthy...but I started blogging things that I wanted to remember. It helps me think about the weeks which worked, and how far I have come. Good luck girlie! You can do it!
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options

"How do you EAT an elephant? One bite at a time. How do you change your health? One bite at a time!"

[/quote]
    [/quote]

OOPS!
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    I was trying to "beat the system" and set my calories lower than the recommended... was great for about 3 days... that I ate more than a1000 cal and my body sucked it on... so I have to bite the bullet, eat now more than 1200 a day and I must work out in order to be able to eat more than that... my metab is really slow despite workouts... having thyroid checked...

I feel like i am finally in control and know what I am doing here...

Going on a cruise next week!!! What will I do without MFP and buffet style food 24/7... UGH!