HELP! 5lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I am going on a trip June 6th to South Carolina! I just weighed myself two days ago and I have 5 lbs left until i'm at my goal for the trip! 5 lbs!! please give me advice to lose these 5lbs! I know I won't feel comfortable with myself during the trip if I don't. I want to do this the healthy way!
ADVICE!!!
I'm 18 years old
I exercise 4 times a week, usually running.
Female
Try to eat clean as much as I can!
Should I increase my workouts to two times a day?
hellppp!!!!!

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I'd say just carry on what you're doing! An extra workout a day isn't going to do that much, and may just damage your body.

What's so special about the 5 lbs? Do the clothes that you plan to take fit you OK?
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    will anyone else but you know the number on the scale?
  • hung3r
    hung3r Posts: 5
    Options
    drink more waterrrr. also, weighing yourself everyday is ineffective since you can fluctuate rapidly.
  • alison2429
    alison2429 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    will anyone else but you know the number on the scale?

Agreed!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I would say relax, stick to (up to) one workout a day and accept that 5 lbs isn't going to make or break your trip. It really, really isn't. I know everyone says confidence comes from within, and it sounds boring and cliché, but it's really true. Yes, losing weight if you have it to lose can definitely make a difference, but when you're talking about 5 lbs, the difference is small. You aren't going to magically wake up confident and comfortable with your body the day you weigh 5 lbs less than you do now.

Just carry on eating well (and enough), working out (running 4x a week is fine) and enjoy your trip. :smile:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Random goal weights are random. Just continue to diet and exercise normally.
  • samanthajo1994
    Options
    I'm gonna know the number on the scale, and if it's not to what i want. I won't feel good about myself. just fat.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna know the number on the scale, and if it's not to what i want. I won't feel good about myself. just fat.

Why? Why is it so important? You can fluctuate in water weight 5lbs in a day. That number is meaningless. Don't think about it. Don't even step on the scale before you leave. Keep doing things the way you are and be proud of yourself for that.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    From what I've seen, putting so much emphasis on a particular weight by a particular date seems to end up in almost immediately regaining. Try to kick that habit now, while you're still young.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    You're right, only you will know the (variable) number on the (unreliable) scale. So only you can decide whether this is something that you freak out over, lose sleep over, beat yourself up about. Or whether you adopt a mature approach and just go and make the most of your vacation.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the colon can hold five pounds. Relax and enjoy the vacation!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    You're right, only you will know the (variable) number on the (unreliable) scale. So only you can decide whether this is something that you freak out over, lose sleep over, beat yourself up about. Or whether you adopt a mature approach and just go and make the most of your vacation.
    ^
    ^
    ^
    |
    This is the difference between being 18 and being 51. Cut her a little slack. She's not there yet. Words of encouragement, such as your question about whether or not her clothes fit are much more helpful at this age. That said, you're 100% right. Hopefully the OP won't spend the next 30 years with her current mindset...
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options

If 5 pounds is the difference between you feeling good and fat, I think you need to reevaluate why you're doing this. No one's going to notice if you lose 5 pounds, just being honest. Keep doing what you're doing and it will come off, just enjoy your vacation and don't expect to meet random time goals when it comes to weight loss. They are usually the quickest way to disappoint yourself.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    eac90e47d2f5d05f6796c390d58de2a3.jpg

Just pulling your leg.....

The people you are visiting are going to be happy to see you whether or not you have lost that 5 pounds. You are beautiful and you look great! Stand tall and be awesome.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    That's your choice then. You can't always control things like the number on the scale (you can have some influence, obviously, but not total control.) How you react to it and choose to go about your day - that you can control. Personally, if I saw the "wrong" number on the scale right before a trip, I'd forget about it, go and enjoy the trip, and look forward to making more progress when I come back. If you want to be miserable for your trip because your scale says a certain number, that's up to you. :flowerforyou:
  • samanthajo1994
    Options
    you're absolutely right. I just need to realize the number isn't going to define me. thank you everyone.
  • gloriesantos
    Options
    Just relax. Don't let a number bother you.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    weigh in once a week in morning
    exercise 60 minutes cardio- daily
    stay under calerie goal
  • sallievp
    sallievp Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    similar for me...I am going back home to see my family after 6 months and want to be at goal by then.
    I know no one will know what I weigh (and I actually weigh 14 pounds less than last tie I saw them) but it will make me feel great if I can do it.!
    I am going June 10th and am determined to lose the last 3 pounds by then.
    I'm just going to continue with what I've done over the last 8 months and it should come off.
    If not, its not the end of the world.
    Go for it, you can do it!!
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Random goal weights are random. Just continue to diet and exercise normally.

THIS OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG