Success at the expense of others ....

Options
lonypony
lonypony Posts: 130 Member
Well what a day. After working all day with only a 15 min lunch break I arrive home to my waiting family at 6 pm. No "how was your day?" or "Welcome home" . All I got was "What's for tea?"

Now before I started MFP the answer would have been KFC or Hungry Jack's or similar takeaway meals (whatever one we hadn't had recently!) - but not tonight. I was fuming especially since my daughter also had her boyfriend over, and my husband kissed me and left to go to his monthly card night (which I don't mind - he works harder then me running his own company).

So I dug my heels in, opened the fridge. MMMMMM, eggs, sandwich meat, some tomatoes, cheese, assorted other stuff. That's when I said "omelets".

So here I am after eating my omelet on toast (and yummy it was) my younger son also happy to have one. Daughter and boyfriend were obviously not impressed and left to see what was being served at his house!!!

My success is that I stuck to my guns and didn't go out for takeaway. I even treated myself to a banana split for dessert :-) I am so proud and happy with myself (and I will give my daughter a big hug when she gets home - because she really is a good girl, just one of those days I suppose).

Replies

• KarenWantsABikini
    Options
    Lony!!! You rock!!! How hard is it to get motivated after a long day and your tired!!! Some times it's easier to say " yep maccas night" . There are two things here 1. You made a great decision and u are strong. 2. Thank god for eggs
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Yeah, unfortunately our families/friends are not on the same journey we are, but it sounds like you have met that challenge head on and succeeded in feeding them while maintaining your integrity in your weight loss plan. Kudos for not caving and bravo for being "on your feet" creative with the groceries you had on hand! IF your daughter is old enough to have a boyfriend, she is also old enough to help prepare meals, so I would not feel that my success was at her expense - you provided her a really nice, healthy meal! I wish you continued success on your journey!
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention my daughter is an apprentice chef which makes it worse, becuase yes you would think she would help prepare tea!!!! She used to before she worked but now it seems too much bother especially with BF around. If the BF was not over she would have happily had eggs and helped prepare it.

But my dilemma Holton was that she left with her boyfriend so I don't think she had anything healthy to eat :-(
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Thats really nice :) Just keep up your commitment :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!