Is anyone here going to Leakycon?

Options
mjhedgehog
mjhedgehog Posts: 249 Member
So anyone here on MFP going to Leakycon in Portland? Just curious :D Leakycon=Harry Potter convention.

Replies

• xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My 8 year old son has been talking about this for days hehe I think he wishes he could go! I would love to myself. If you are going have fun!! xx
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Somehow this is so dorky that it's cool:blushing:
    (NOT sarcasm)
  • mjhedgehog
    Options
    My 8 year old son has been talking about this for days hehe I think he wishes he could go! I would love to myself. If you are going have fun!! xx

Yep Im going! My first Leakycon ever! aw maybe he can go someday! It seems like its growing every year so they'll probably continue it for a long time.
  • mjhedgehog
    Options
    Somehow this is so dorky that it's cool:blushing:
    (NOT sarcasm)

haha its like the coolest thing ever! :laugh:
  • xLexa
    Options
    He went to the Wizarding World at Universal in November with his aunt, he is obsessed lol, he got Harry's wand and was outside explaining to the neighbour how it worked. At one point the neighbour acted surprised and my son said... WOW! You mean you really didn't know that?? It was very funny hehe Maybe he and I will both go sometime, it sounds like a lot of fun!!!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Probably uber geeky for a 40+ year old to say, but that would be cool!
  • mjhedgehog
    Options
    He went to the Wizarding World at Universal in November with his aunt, he is obsessed lol, he got Harry's wand and was outside explaining to the neighbour how it worked. At one point the neighbour acted surprised and my son said... WOW! You mean you really didn't know that?? It was very funny hehe Maybe he and I will both go sometime, it sounds like a lot of fun!!!

Next year will probably be the best year to go. The next one is in Orlando and it will be right after they finish the expansion of the Wizarding World at Universal.
  • mjhedgehog
    Options
    Probably uber geeky for a 40+ year old to say, but that would be cool!

nah all Harry Potter fans are cool. Theres people of all ages who go to the convention.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    nah all Harry Potter fans are cool. Theres people of all ages who go to the convention.

Fair enough, though I would feel really out of place, methinks. Still wanna go. :)
  • NBSfit
    NBSfit Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'M GOING AND I COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED!

It's real for us.....

Okay, I was more excited when I went to WWoHP the first time, and probably more excited when we went on the studio tour in London, but LeakyCon is the next thing coming up, SO I'M EXCITED!

Right and there was the time when I was chosen for the wand experience at Ollivander's. That was freakin' EPIC!
  • kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    oh my god how I wish! I had to choose between leakycon and quakecon, since I couldn't afford both and quakecon ended up winning. I want to go so bad. /whiny fan girl
  • xLexa
    Options
    Awesome, Orlando is an hour for me, and hey Chaelaz! ... us 40 year olds can be ubber geeky and cool at the same time too yah know :P
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun! Too bad I'm not in Portland.
  • mjhedgehog
    Options
    I'M GOING AND I COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED!

It's real for us.....

Okay, I was more excited when I went to WWoHP the first time, and probably more excited when we went on the studio tour in London, but LeakyCon is the next thing coming up, SO I'M EXCITED!

Right and there was the time when I was chosen for the wand experience at Ollivander's. That was freakin' EPIC!

I want to go to the WWoHP sooooooooo bad. I'm definitely going to Leakycon 2014 in Orlando so I can also go to the WWoHP!
  • mjhedgehog
    Options
    Sounds fun! Too bad I'm not in Portland.

Im not in Portland either. Flying all the way from South Dakota. :D
  • NBSfit
    Options
    I want to go to the WWoHP sooooooooo bad. I'm definitely going to Leakycon 2014 in Orlando so I can also go the the WWoHP!

We aren't going back to Orlando until the expansion is open. I can't even begin to tell you the amount of excitement that trip will cause!
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    For someone who has been...WWoHP sucks. One of the rides they just converted from Dueling Dragons, and the ride in the castle has uber small seats, they actually have a sample seat outside where you can sit in it and embarrass yourself in front of hundreds of people if you don't fit. It looks great, but no way I would pay for tickets just to go see it, not even at a resident price.
  • NBSfit
    Options
    For someone who has been...WWoHP sucks. One of the rides they just converted from Dueling Dragons, and the ride in the castle has uber small seats, they actually have a sample seat outside where you can sit in it and embarrass yourself in front of hundreds of people if you don't fit. It looks great, but no way I would pay for tickets just to go see it, not even at a resident price.

That's a bummer that you had a bad experience. I loved every single second of the time I was there. Both times. The only part that sucks for me is that they had to go and change the house crest for Ravenclaw from an eagle to a raven and of course, they changed the colors from the book for the movies as well. This means that if one wants to buy Ravenclaw merchandise, they must settle for movie canon or go to Etsy.
  • mjhedgehog
    Options

That's a bummer that you had a bad experience. I loved every single second of the time I was there. Both times. The only part that sucks for me is that they had to go and change the house crest for Ravenclaw from an eagle to a raven and of course, they changed the colors from the book for the movies as well. This means that if one wants to buy Ravenclaw merchandise, they must settle for movie canon or go to Etsy.

still sounds like a lot of fun. Even if WWoHP isn't as great as I hope Im sure Universal Studios in general is pretty cool.
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options

still sounds like a lot of fun. Even if WWoHP isn't as great as I hope Im sure Universal Studios in general is pretty cool.

It is! I just wouldn't buy tickets JUST to go there, lol. Suessland is magical :3