HUMMUS

Options
TooFine4MFP
TooFine4MFP Posts: 134 Member
I would love to try hummus, but I am totally unfamilar with it, and no one I know eats hummus either. Can anyone give me guidance on good hummus? I live on the East Coast, so if you know any brands that are this side of the country, please let me know.........................

Replies

• lmwhite3473
    Options
    Sabra is good. I like to eat it with pretzel thins.
  • sweetn3ss
    sweetn3ss Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Sabra is a good one. I also like Josephs!
  • JamesGregory
    JamesGregory Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sabra is very good, as are several quality store brands. I reccomend going to a local Mediteranean restaurant in your area and buying a pint from them. Stay away from the Athenos brand, as it has High-Fructose Corn Syrup in it. I like to just put hummus on any low-cal breads as my condiment and I like to eat it with fresh carrots/celery/cauliflower, etc., pretzels or low-fat rice cakes. Not bad in calories either.
  • hallswan
    hallswan Posts: 90
    Options
    try making your own (once you buy one of the store bought versions & know that you like it) That way you can control exactly what's in it

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1577/houmous-with-veg-sticks
  • springcheeks
    Options
    I agree, making your own if far better and tastier. I can give you a recipe if you want one. Cant help on brands being that I am not on the continent as you!
  • Aamilah
    Aamilah Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey, I was wondering where do you buy the Tribe hummus at?
  • JamesGregory
    JamesGregory Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My hat's off to those of you that make hummus. I did it one time and it is not easy.
  • springcheeks
    Options
    The recipe I have is not hard, I am sure there are some that are though. Boil the chickpeas, roast the garlic, mush together in a blender with the herbs, lemon juice etc. :) Tastes a million times better than any store bought stuff.