WEEKEND HELP!

Options
It never fails. I can maintain my good eating from Monday to Thursday and it seems like from Friday to Sunday I blow it. I have a sister at my church that does weekend food delivery and catering and it seems like for the last couple weekends I have been ordering meals from her every Friday and Saturday. She doesn't have any healthy food, even her Chef Salads are enough for 3 people. It seems that during the week when I have a structured day, I can stick w/ my plan, but on the weekends when there is no work and lots of diff activities going on, I can't keep it together. Anyone else w/ this problem??:huh:

Replies

• mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem!! i cant stay away from fast food of a weekend!! shall we make a pact to try this weekend? i am going to try and stay focussed and strutured this weekend coming! also going to go on a bike ride for an hour - hoe the weather is going to be nice!
  • porter09
    porter09 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hey, i have this problem too, though i do it on a saturday and sunday probably worse on a sunday it is very frustrating knowing how hard you have worked all week and just undo it all in 1 or 2 days.
  • justahorsen
    Options
    I do it too....it seems that from the time I get out of work on Friday till I go back on Monday its an "Eat Fest". I would love to see everyones ideas on how to break this cycle.....this weekend was super bad!!!
  • lucifa73
    lucifa73 Posts: 110
    Options
    HI there. I used to have a similar problem and to be honest the catalyst for change was financial. When I was made redundant we had to make a meal plan and stick to it. Now I'm back at work but we still meal plan which means I know my calories for meals and how much I have for snacks in between times.

Oh and we haven't had a pre-made meal in months!
  • Tems
    Tems Posts: 16
    Options
    Same here! I feel so down when i weigh myself monday morning, especially after the hard work of the previous week...
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    I'm opposite :-( I struggle from Mon to Fri at work not to eat cake and chocolate and prob 3 to 4 days succumb to it. Weekends I'm so busy working in the garden, housework or doing beauty treatments that I tend not to snack inbetween meals. My weight goes up slowly and then I just about manage to burn it off over weekend.

Already today I've had 2 scones and someone brought in some fairy cakes!!!!

I'm at gym tonite so will have to work extra hard to burn the extra cals.

xUna
  • acstein
    acstein Posts: 55
    Options
    I have the same problem. I usually eat worse when my husband is home. He is not watching what he eats and that makes it very difficult for me to watch what I eat. I have a friend going to a nutritionist and I asked her to let me know of anything important, also if it was worth going myself. I've also heard to read Eat This, Not That. It's a way to pick the healthier meals at not so healthy places. I haven't gotten to that part yet. But I also, thought I would share that information in hopes that someone could benefit from it, even if I'm not so dedicated yet myself.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite problem, it's easier for me to avoid bad food on a weekend because I'm a cook at a restaurant during the week. The chef there makes the most mouth-watering (not to mention high-fat, hi-cal) food and I have to force myself to say no every time. I'm scared that one day I'm going to just give in!
    Keep it strong girl, I can do it so can you! Just keep thinking about how it's so not worth ruining all the work you've done so far!