Good old NHS

Options
mumofzoe
mumofzoe Posts: 29 Member
I know NHS bashing is a national sport but I would just like to say a massive “Thank you” to them. My Dad was complaining of indigestion on Tuesday afternoon. By the time we got back from the shops he was a little pale so I suggested Mum rang the GP.
She rang at 4.30pm
Got an appointment for 4.45 and the GP rang straight away for an ambulance. He was having a heart attack.
The hospital staff were waiting in the car park for the ambulance, he was taken straight into surgery where he had a stent fitted.He had a massive blockage. He was on the ward in bed for 6.30.
All within 2 hours 15 mins.
Hoping to take him home on Friday.
Thanks so much

Replies

• glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    what a fantastic result! wishing your dad a speedy recovery :flowerforyou:
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness! Hope he gets better fast! Keep us posted!
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I don't know why people moan so much about the NHS. Some countries you are just left to die.

Hope your dad recovers soon!
  • jess0105
    jess0105 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It's so lovely to hear a story about the NHS that isn't all doom and gloom. Hope your Dad gets better soon! x
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    For all its shortcomings, the NHS is free for all and that is something I will always be proud of. If only the British public could be better trained to not go to A&E for ear ache would make me happier.

I can only applaud the NHS in Nottingham for what they have done for me through various sports injuries

And a huge get well soon to your father
  • Pema91
    Pema91 Posts: 44
    Options
    Wishing your dad a speedy recovery! That is one amazing surgery/GP you have there.

I think the NHS is a good thing, it's just luck of the draw if you get a good doctor. I have been forced on to private after no results from NHS. We definitely need more funding and then the NHS can be as good as they were for you and your family all over the country!!

x
  • Frankii_x
    Frankii_x Posts: 238
    Options
    I know NHS bashing is a national sport but I would just like to say a massive “Thank you” to them. My Dad was complaining of indigestion on Tuesday afternoon. By the time we got back from the shops he was a little pale so I suggested Mum rang the GP.
    She rang at 4.30pm
    Got an appointment for 4.45 and the GP rang straight away for an ambulance. He was having a heart attack.
    The hospital staff were waiting in the car park for the ambulance, he was taken straight into surgery where he had a stent fitted.He had a massive blockage. He was on the ward in bed for 6.30.
    All within 2 hours 15 mins.
    Hoping to take him home on Friday.
    Thanks so much

I love this story. Obviously not your Dad having a heart attack but I'm SO glad that they were able to deal with it quickly. Absolutely amazing response and this is exactly why I love the NHS.

Make sure you send a letter to say thanks to the team, my boyfriend works in the NHS and I know it absolutely makes his day when he gets a 'thank you' from family and/or patients!

Wishing your dad a speedy recovery xxx
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your dad! Wishing your family the best!

The states needs an NHS too but it'll likely not happen. All I really want is access to healthcare. I don't buy what the idiot politicians here spew about socialized medicine.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Wishing your dad a speedy recovery! That is one amazing surgery/GP you have there.

I think the NHS is a good thing, it's just luck of the draw if you get a good doctor. I have been forced on to private after no results from NHS. We definitely need more funding and then the NHS can be as good as they were for you and your family all over the country!!

x

i just want to point out, to others who may not know, you have the right to change your gp and you have the right to request a second opinion. i hear a lot of people who are frustrated about their gp not helping, and there is a simple solution.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I hope your dad has a speedy recovery! sending my love :flowerforyou:
  • mumofzoe
    mumofzoe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Dads due home this afternoon:smile: , he will have to take things very easy as he still has a blockage on the other side but they will remove that in 10-12 weeks. The staff in the hospital have been so kind. I'm baking a couple of cakes to take in for the staff to share and my 4 year old has make them a card :smile:
    Many thanks for all your best wishes
    Sue