Hi, my name is Kasie and I'm obese.

Options
I have been obese for many years but this year that WILL change. I've already lost 15 lbs. I have 130 lbs to loose. I will appreciate any advice that you can offer.

Also... If any of you are looking for a weight loss buddy to keep you on your toes add me. :)

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Hi Kasie, good job on the weight loss. This is a good place o be.
  • SenseiCole
    SenseiCole Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    good on you for changing you lifestyle, well done

We can reverse years of damage to our bodies by deciding to raise our standards for ourselves, then living differently. Old wounds heal, injuries repair, and the whole system improves with just a few changes in what we put into our bodies and how we move them.
  • GrabacrPD
    GrabacrPD Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Patience. It will take time but it will be worth it in the end :)
  • Dreamermoth
    Dreamermoth Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello Kasie,

Good on you for choosing to do something about your life. Any change to improve health and wellbeing is worth every bit. Fantastic (clap, clap clap) for the 15 lbs already lost. You go girl. This is something you have control of and will win with patience, and dedication..

Cyber encouragement being sent your way.. :flowerforyou:
  • barbz2119
    barbz2119 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi Kasie
    Well done on the weight loss. Like you I have a sitting down job and it is so hard to burn the calories. I started getting up a little bit earlier and going for a one then two mile walk every day. I've started speeding it up the fitter I get and its really helped me that combined with being really honest on my food tracker.
    Good luck and be patient, and I hope it continues.
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I'd suggest getting your 'ticker' set up in your signature to start to see your progress. All the best with your journey.
  • bunnieooze
    bunnieooze Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you all for your encouraging words and wisdom. :)
  • pkinnamon1
    pkinnamon1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! Kasie.

Don't try to make all of your changes in your diet at one time. I found by changing or deleting one food item at a time works for me. I started by not eating candy bars. Now, I am working on giving up diet soda's. It is hard but I feel like I can do this. It's just finding something good to replace the diet pepsi. Water just doesn't work. I would love to be your friend and we can work on this together.