What do you think? Today or tomorrow's weight?

Options
TdaniT
TdaniT Posts: 331 Member
Okay everyone, need your opinions! I know today/tonight I am going to be eating food that is probably going to make me bloat up...my husband and I are going to a bar with friends. So, do I enter my weight from this morning or do I wait and enter my weight from tomorrow morning? I usually enter my Saturday weight as my official weight for the week. What do you think?

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Enter it at your usual time.
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I always have Friday morning as my official weigh day, then I have a week to get over any excesses from the weekend!
  • Reeceybaby1988
    Options
    Okay everyone, need your opinions! I know today/tonight I am going to be eating food that is probably going to make me bloat up...my husband and I are going to a bar with friends. So, do I enter my weight from this morning or do I wait and enter my weight from tomorrow morning? I usually enter my Saturday weight as my official weight for the week. What do you think?

does it really make a difference? if you weigh in tomorrow and you have "gained" will it effect you in any way?
  • TX_Aggie_Dad
    TX_Aggie_Dad Posts: 173
    Options
    I'd go with Friday.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Enter yesterdays

Seriously, if you know you are going to be eating food that makes you bloat, why even worry about the scale?
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Enter yesterdays

Seriously, if you know you are going to be eating food that makes you bloat, why even worry about the scale?

Exactly. :flowerforyou:
  • markdavies120
    markdavies120 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Go with todays weight. If you believe tomorrow you will be bloated and a chance of jaining a pound or 2 then at least this one time you have gone a day early but gives you 8 days then till your next weigh in.

As posted previously though, Friday weigh in's are good so you are a little less restricted in what you do once weekend starts such as your meal out tonight.
  • Goin4goal
    Goin4goal Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'd enter today's weight - you've achieved it and you have a whole week plus a day to get back on track after your night out. That way you can enjoy yourself. And if you're anything like me, seeing a plus on the scale make you feel awful. Doesn't matter if you know the reason. That's why I hate the scale!!!! Another option is don't get weighed this week. Just wait until next week. I only officially weigh in on the 1st and the 15th of each month.
  • mycupyourcake
    mycupyourcake Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It's all about your psychology. If weighing in bloated and at a higher weight from a night of drinking and eating salty foods will make you feel depressed and reach for something edible to bring your spirits up, don't do it. If you are not phased and know that it is water weight, then just go with your usual weigh in day.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    I'd quit obsessing about a number on a box. You weigh what you weigh regardless of whether you do it today, tomorrow or next week. Playing around to weigh at the perfect time to get the number you want to see is just playing a head game.
  • dietstokes
    dietstokes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You could always just skip weighing in this week....and just wait for next week's weight...just a thought.