Yummy Mummy workout

Options
This post is for all you Mums and Dads out there who are sick of being told that looking after kids doesn't count as exercise.

This is just for FUN you Guys , those who are only to keen to criticise that the only workout worth doing is in the gym, may read no further. So Just finished 3 hours in the park and I think I worked out HARD.

1) "MUMMY CAN YOU JUST..........."

Stand up, sit down, stand up, sit down, lift child, down again (squats with weights and balance).

2) Run after one child whilst quickly changing direction, sweeping toddler under arm climb and rescue the other from top of climb frame (nough said CARDIO, upper body work out, balance and co-ordination)

3) Lift up toddler, push on swing, change of mind back out again.........then in..........then out etc
( weights, resistance and patience training)

4) Monkey bars (coz you think you can)
Upper body workout

5) Spin the roundabout one way then the other, loaded for extra weight. Stopping in full motion at regular intervals for all those wanting to get off/on.
( well I'm feeling this in my abs/lower back, but the one leg on/off swing technique is hitting my thighs)

6) General running around between two hectic children
(interval training)

7) Running after child who's breaking free of the exit gate, tripping and up again full speed
(Cardio, plank, burpee, sprint.):smile:

8) Chasing said child, lift and spin
( cardio, weights and balance)

9)Jumping up and down and wave like a mad woman so lost child can see you

(star jumps)

10) Carrying one toddler with other child pulling in opposite direction because you've got to get home
( weights and resistance training)

11) Walk home up hill for 15mins carrying two children
(cardio, thighs, weights)

12) Avoid eating an ice cream for yourself after all your hard work but watch it drool all over you children

DEDICATION .

You want to stay fit and loose weight eat less do more!

I'M KNACKERED
:smile:

Replies

• daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Love this. I was just telling someone on my friends list to incorporate her baby brother into her workouts doing just what you described.
  • Fitmom2b2012
    Options
    Awesome post. I totally agree with the work out you mentioned. I just never knew how to put it into exercise terms. :) I have two boys an 8 year old and 4 year old. They can still be quite a handful sometimes.
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't even go to the gym in the summertime! :wink: Chasing 2 kids ( or more if we meet up with friends) around the park and then keeping them both from drowning at the local pool are all the workout I can handle. :laugh: You've posted a great workout that I am sure any parent can relate too.
  • fakeuntilumakeit
    Options
    Ha ha, just get fed up when you read some posts sometimes with very passionate arguments that everyday activities such as cleaning and childcare don't count as exercise, and I shouldn't eat more if I've completed a hectic houseclean. Like the gym is the only answer !!! Depends how often you do them I guess. No childcare for me, even my exercise dvd's involve juggling a 2 year old (not literally of course) :wink:
  • hhayes06
    hhayes06 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Haha, I can't do exercise DVDs at home because I will end up with a child glued to each leg as they try to exercise with mommy. I spend more time peeling children off than actually exercising. :laugh:
  • fakeuntilumakeit
    Options
    Haha, I can't do exercise DVDs at home because I will end up with a child glued to each leg as they try to exercise with mommy. I spend more time peeling children off than actually exercising. :laugh:

That's called adding weights!