What to eat before exercising??

Options
2»

Replies

• mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    Because of the time I workout, after work, I run home, have either egg or tuna on toast, and walk to the gym. By the time I get there and start working out, I find it makes me feel stronger than when I don't eat.

Don't know the science of it, just my personal experience. I always feel better having some carbs and/or protein about 30 minutes to an hour pre-workout. Have some fruit or protein afterward too.
  • Angelikajohnston
    Options
    This is nice topic about pre workout food. It is important to have a clear understanding of the concept of workout supplements before you start to include it into your daily workout routine.
  • TX_Aggie_Dad
    TX_Aggie_Dad Posts: 173
    Options

I would urge you to experiment a bit in an attempt to find out what tends to give you the best combination of gym performance and personal satisfaction while still maintaining your overall dietary needs and goals.

And that protocol will vary quite heavily from person to person.

SideSteel nailed it.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Just eat that what fits around your day. I personally like to eat a decent protein/carb meal 90 mins before I train and take preworkout 15-20 mins before I hit the gym.
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Prior to working out eat carbs, after your workout refuel your body with protein. In terms of loosing weight in general I would stick to a lower carb, higher protein diet.

^^^This

And don't eat your before meal too close to your work out.