1 week in, and feeling great!

Options
So i have done every "diet" under the sun...Atkins, South Beach,high fat, low fat, weight watchers, etc..But using MFP has been the absolute easiest plan i have ever done. mainly because i am watching one number essentially...caloric intake. But the best part is on my android phone, its all real time. no having to remember what i ate, or how long i exercised...when i am done, i enter it...takes 30 seconds...plus the bar code scanner makes it even easier!!! 1 week in, and along with some general lifestyle changes and a 20 minute high intensity workout 3 times a week, I am down 6 lbs...Now i know the first week is always a big loss, due to water weight, but i just feel so much better. anyway, that's my story. 2 - 3 lbs a week is all i am looking for, and i have never had such a high outlook before.

Replies

• Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    HEY NEWBIE! :-)

Well done and congrats!
    I feel the exact same ive tried them all and failed miserably!
    MFP is the best by far! and its free! amazing right!

Good luck in ur journey! keep us posted x
  • chixyb
    chixyb Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great job! I agree, the Android app makes it so easy and I too LOVE the barcode scanner. Keep up the great work, eventually this will all just become a habit and you won't even have to think about doing it :smile:
  • HikeThatMountain
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss Adam and congrats on your awakening:). Thats the thing, losing weight and MFP are not about "DIETS" they are about learning how much your body should be taking in foodwise for your's and your body's maximum health and wellbeing. For learning how to do it in a sustainable and healthy way for the rest of your life. Good luck on your journey!!!!
  • adam426
    adam426 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks everyone! the journey has just begun!
  • emilyahartmann
    emilyahartmann Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Exciting, keep it up!
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard MFP, I've been here for a bit now and it really is about lifestyle change and becoming more aware about healthy food choices. I have found that consistency is one of the most important factors. Now that I have lost over 32 lbs since the end of last October, though didn't join MFP until some three months later. I am felling better about myself in many ways health wise and it has worked wonders with my self confidence and self image.

With the weather getting nicer I am also getting out on my bike three to four times a week. I have made decisions that have been beneficial, like like taking half an hour walks instead of plopping myself down on the couch to watch the idiot box. Every little bit will be a contribution.

You've had a great start! Congrats! Keep it up and add me as friend if you like. Anyone else reading this post is also welcome to add me as a friend as well.

Cheerz,

Vasyl