HELP!!!! IM IN DEEP DOODOO!!!!

Options
ok heres the thing

i want to get into my verry gorjus verry size 12 all saints dress for ither my anaversery (20th of august) or my bday (29th of august) its a presant from my partner for whenever i can fit into it ( birthday christmas valintines) :love: :love:

heres the good part i tried it on and :bigsmile: :bigsmile: i got it on AND ziped up ... now the bad part i didnt feel comfy in it it was soo tight round my midsection and chest :mad: :mad: GUTTED but its a size 12 and i actualy got into it which am happy about

now here is the tricky part ....... i have soooo many dinners i need to go to in the next month :grumble:
and im not talking like 1 or 2 i have dinners on the 1st (yesterday) 17th 20th 21st 28th 29th

and NO i cant not go to any of them they are family events ect i need to go! and i need to eat!
granted i will be as good as possable

now down to the nitty gritty ........ does any1know of any great exersices or pills or food or ANYTHING to keep me going and get this fat off my midsection and chest FAST!!!! ( thats proven to work) without internet buying idont have the time for it

rachael

Replies

• dansdeb
    dansdeb Posts: 164
    Options
    congratulations on the 12! The only thing I know that works is diet and exercise. crunches for the abs and an upper body work out for the rest of it. but even a good cardio will get the metabolism up and weight off. the dinners can be tricky - but if you eat well early throughout the day and try to stay good during the dinners you can do it! (also there are body slimmers lingerie that will tuck in the last bit of fat to make that dress more comfortable) good luck
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    Right now I'm doing the Jillian Michaels detox to jumpstart the weightloss and lush out the bad stuff (16.99 at sam's club & 28.00 at walmart)

Yesterday was my first day.....I didn't have the runs like I did with the slimquick detox I did back on 2008 (I couldn't finish it out cause I started having issues).. Usually after i eat meals I feel super bloated (yesterday was my free day so I eat a little more). I really didn't feel bloated. Did go number one a lot - I was also drinking lots of water.

Also don't feel like you have to eat - I know when I visit my family in FL they make a BIG puertorican dinner. Before we have dinner ask about my weight etc etc (which I don't like) and than during dinner they tell me to "eat! eat!" It's like hello weren't you basically telling me I'm fat!!!" It must be a Puertorican thing cause my sister's family (we have different dad's) is weight crazy too.
  • xweerachceex
    Options
    ok heres the thing

i want to get into my verry gorjus verry size 12 all saints dress for ither my anaversery (20th of august) or my bday (29th of august) its a presant from my partner for whenever i can fit into it ( birthday christmas valintines) :love: :love:

heres the good part i tried it on and :bigsmile: :bigsmile: i got it on AND ziped up ... now the bad part i didnt feel comfy in it it was soo tight round my midsection and chest :mad: :mad: GUTTED but its a size 12 and i actualy got into it which am happy about

now here is the tricky part ....... i have soooo many dinners i need to go to in the next month :grumble:
    and im not talking like 1 or 2 i have dinners on the 1st (yesterday) 17th 20th 21st 28th 29th

and NO i cant not go to any of them they are family events ect i need to go! and i need to eat!
    granted i will be as good as possable

now down to the nitty gritty ........ does any1know of any great exersices or pills or food or ANYTHING to keep me going and get this fat off my midsection and chest FAST!!!! ( thats proven to work) without internet buying idont have the time for it

rachael

im sooooo sorry i ment to mention that im from the UK SCOTLAND so walmart ect is out of the question sorry
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I say follow the same suggestions as for BBQs:
    - Drink lots of water
    - load up on the lo-fat items--salads, vegetables (not creamed)
    - Eat small amounts of the fattier stuff
    - Push away from the table and hit the dance floor--just stay away from the food table after you have chosen and eaten your meal.
    - Keep drinking those wonderful, fat-free, sodium-free liquids.
    - Singing uses calories, too!
    - Do they allow kids? Follow them around--they are always active.

I know you cannot use all of these suggestions, but you get the idea.

Have fun, Give lots of hugs, Cherish your friends and loved ones. :drinker:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Glad that you recognized the success of fitting into the new outfit! Hopefully it provides you with more motivation as you enter a difficult month of family meals. Please avoid pills/fads/drink solutions, etc...as a method for weight loss, as they are not healthy and are not long term solutions. Foods you need to focus on are fresh vegetables and fruits and drinking lots of water and green tea.....supplement with lean meats, eggs, and yogurt. Not sure what type of family meals you are obligated to attend, but you are the one in control of what you feed yourself and you are not required to eat everything that is provided. Hopefully your family knows of your quest for weight loss and supports/encourages your efforts and would be understanding of you cruising the buffet line selecting small portions of only the healthiest options. Jumping rope burns an atrocious amount of calories and your only expense is a child's jump rope, but would suggest you try walking 1 hour every day, especially those days that you have your family events. It is going to take commitment to your goals and some advance planning, but Y O U C A N D O THIS!
  • Smyles2u
    Smyles2u Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Everyone has geat ideas, I totally agree with Bjberry. when i was dieting down for a competition, I HAD TO EAT CLEAN no matter what! I went to dinners and If it was time for me to eat, I would eat (my clean food that i brought along with me) Had to!
    I was on a 2 hr eating schedule of clean eating.
    Eat the veggies, fruit ets clean foods, fill up with water prior to meal.
    Good luck, it can be done!!
    Congrats on your almost there size 12!!! :)
  • misty589
    misty589 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the replies yet, but I think you should continue with what you are doing, and get a spanx for under your dress, It will pull everything in and smooth it all out and you'll look smokin'! Everyone, regardless of size can benifit from shapewear under a dress!
    Congrats on the size 12
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I came across this article in my Clean Eating magazine:

Bloat Busters
    If you're stuggling to zip up your jeans, pick up your fork! According to Jackie Keller, a Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef and author of Body After Baby (Avery 2007), certain foods banish bloat. For a flatter tummy, Keller recommends adding these to your clean eating plan:

Dandelion greens: Avaliable at most grocery stores, dandelion greens contain choline, a mineral that helps transport fat and cholesterol from the liver and cleanse the digestive system, as well as apigenin and luteolin- two flavonoids that help flush fiber. Try it: Toss a cup in with your salad.

Watermelon: Although it has a high water content, watermelon contains significant amounts of potassium, a natural diuretic. Aim for one cup a day. Try it: blend cubed fruit, water, ice and lime juice, to taste, for a refreshing beverage.

Cucumbers: Due to their high water and fiber contents-one 10 ounce cucumber contains 10% of your daily fiber requirement- cucumbers help flush the digestive system. Try it: Squeeze lemon juice over raw cucumber slices for a fresh and simple snack.

Asparagus: This delicious green vegetable aids in digestion and also helps detoxify the liver. Try it: for a tasty and fast side to tonight's dinner, drizzle five steamed stalks with olive oil and lemon juice.

Hope this helps and congrats on getting into the size 12 dress!!!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    That's great! I would kill to be a 12! I am excited that I can zip up my 18's! Here is my advice:

Drink a ton of water--the amount you weigh in ounces
    Do Pilates-I love the Mari Winsor DVDs
    Avoid salt/sodium like the plague
    Stay away from bloating foods the few days before the event-beans, broccoli, etc
    Buy a good pair of Spanx!

Have fun and share some pics of you in your hot dress!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Just so you know I'm from the UK too (but not Sctoland, London). Well done on getting into a size 12.

Now, in terms of the dinners here's what I do. Do double exercise the day of the dinner (make sure you do it before you go to the dinner as afterwards you're so not going to want to work out lol) :wink:
    Have a small but sensible breakfast and soup for lunch. Then, whilst you are at the dinner decide before you get there what you'll have. If the dinner is at a restaurant then you can look at the the menu online beforehand, if not just decide that regardless of what's on offer you will only have the best lean protein choice available as salad or veg.

Stay away from the bread rolls!!!!!!!!

It does without saying that you should not have a dessert.

To get into your dress take a bath in epsom salts as this will at lease get rid of toxins and excess water weigh. If you have the cash go to a local salon for a universal contour body wrap:glasses: . They measure you at the start, wrap you in clay and bandages for an hour which draws all the toxins out of your body, This causes you to lose inches. Again, this is NOT permanent weight loss but a quick fox for getting into that 'special dress'. I've done this and it really does work, I lost several inches from around my middle (my widest part)

Hope that's helpful. All the best. Feel free to add me as a friend:smile::smile: :smile:
  • Douniap
    Douniap Posts: 841
    Options
    Congratulations first on reaching your goal of fitting into size 12!! that is fabulous..
    I would advice keeping away from pills etc..
    Try waking up early each day, go for one hour walk before breakfast. Drink tons of water and add fresh lemon to it.. Eat tons of vegetables and fruits and lean protein.. if you drink any alcohol, make sure to drink two glasses of water for each glass of alcoholic beverage..
    Best of luck and enjoy every moment of it.. Stressing out will inhibit you from loosing weight..
    Dounia