New to calorie counting

Options
Hi there,

After about 5 or 6 years depressing and gaining weight, I am about 30kg overweight. I feel awful and finally looked at myself in the mirror and was so disgusted with what I see that I made the decision to change it! I hope the support from this site will help me in my resolve and keep me on track to lose all that crap weight and get back into a healthy lifestyle to keep it off!

So here goes nothing! :)

Replies

• junebfolk
    junebfolk Posts: 5
    Options
    With your positive outlook, you will do great. I had the same experience in March and have been amazed at what I have been able to do with the support of friends, family and MFP.
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Chin up buttercup. You can do this. I still have a hard time looking in the mirror some days, but it is better than it was.
  • LadyLiege
    LadyLiege Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi June, thanks for the positive comment! I'm glad you are reaching your goals, I hope I get there too!
  • LadyLiege
    Options
    Hi Notfortyyet. Thanks! I know it won't be overnight, I'm not expecting miracles... but I do want to feel good again! I know 30kg is a massive amount to lose (and keep off!), and being in the 30s doesn't help, but I know that with support and a little TLC I and WE can do this!!!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Try making smaller goals, maybe 5kg at a time. If the big picture is overwhelming, break it down. You can look back through my profile pic's, I've been there.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck - although "calorie counting" is important... so is the QUALITY of the calories... just keep making healthier swaps for foods that are in your diet and you'll get there in no time. Chin up!
  • annageo93
    annageo93 Posts: 10
    Options
    Good luck!! :D God knows it ain't an easy road.You've already made the most important step:you're determined to change yourself for the better and you have a positive attitude!Keep it up and once you get used to the changes you will for sure make it to your final goal! On a side note,it takes 21 days for a person to acquire a habit,so after the first month it will seem even easier! :)
  • Rosepetals65
    Rosepetals65 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Welcome ... you are not alone ... we can do this together!!!
  • LadyLiege
    Options
    Thanks everyone, for the encouragement!

It's great to have support, people rooting for us!

LETS DO THIS!!! :D