need advice - 1200 cals no exercise

Options
Hay everyone,

Back on this first time in couple of months! But I want to get back on track

I'm gonna stick to my 1200 caps a day but unfortunately cannot exercise I have recently had two ingrown toenails removed on both feet so cannot exercise at all yet..

Cannot walk as I stand all day in work five days a week do I need my rest time to rest my feet..

Cdn I succesfully loose weight by sticking to 1200 with no exercise??

Replies

• Girlygirl12712
    Girlygirl12712 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Anyone :-)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Yes.

weight loss = calorie deficit. calorie deficit does not require exercise.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. Hope it heals soon!
  • KarlDines
    KarlDines Posts: 5
    Options
    I would imagine you would, yes. At 1200 you'll be in deficit, its just that it will be slower and you'll probably want to knaw your own leg off as you won't be able to eat any calories you would normally buy back through exercise.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    You certainly can. I used to do WW without exercise and lost.
  • mtbaker64
    mtbaker64 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hello.... I'm on 1200 calories and am rehabbing a torn meniscus in my right knee, so I cannot do much for "normal" cardio at the moment. What I have been doing is: lots of core work (crunches) also using small weights and sitting in a chair and punch straight out (pretending to hit a heavy bag) and punch to the sides (this is good for obliques and also gets your heart rate up). I am very careful to eat clean and drink lots of water. I am losing about 1.5 pounds per week.

Hope this helps! Friend me if you want.
    Have a great day!
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Of course...you just need to make sure you are eating the "right" 1200 calories to ensure your body is still getting what it needs. I'd recommend bumping up your protein and seriously reducing (not eliminating) carbs and dairy. Stick with lean proteins, lots of veggies, some fruit and whole grains.
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    You can exercise your arms or ride a stationary bike, no?
  • Bcannon81
    Bcannon81 Posts: 1
    Options
    You defintely can but you just need to make sure that you stay at 1200k...exersizing would make you be able to eat more in addition to the 1200k and tone better. But decreasing you calororic intake to 1200k per day will deffinately result in weight loss for you! Good Luck :flowerforyou:
    You may be able to try something like exersize bike, where there is no pressure on your toes
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I eat 1200 per day. Have done that since 1/17/2013. I do not exercise.

diet = lose weight

exercise = fitness
  • momjuls
    momjuls Posts: 2
    Options
    A little over a year ago I went on a 1200 calorie diet and successfully and quickly lost 40 lbs. Started in February 2012 and by July 2012 was in a bikini. I was 42 yrs at the time. I had once resigned myself to the fact I would always have a rotten metabolism because I was aging...I no longer believe that and feel the 1200 calorie diet actually changed my metabolism along with muscle building to what it was when I was in my twenties. This summer I have kept the weight off and plan on putting the bikini on again.
    I did start doing a short kettle bell routine I found online and have a active job(3 days a week) but 1200 calories is so strict that I think the pounds would have come off anyway. However, the 2 keys to a 1200 calorie diet I think, at least for me, was (1) my mind set. I was having trouble sleeping at the weight I was and feeling horrible physically and tired. (2) The right foods. 3 meals and 3 snacks so I rarely got hungry. I allowed 300 calories for my meals and 100 calories for my snacks. My snack always had a low fat or lean meat/protein component to them so that I felt full longer/until the next meal. My night time snack was mostly smart pop popcorn 94% fat free and full of filling fiber. I wish you good luck in your journey. Since you will be mostly off your feet make sure you find something to keep your hands and mind busy so they aren't thinking about food....so easy to eat and watch TV ...I know.
  • Girlygirl12712
    Girlygirl12712 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :-)

I will try the bike and do some crunches.
    Do need more protein though so will try my best!!!