-19 in sugar?

Options
I wanted to have some yogurt and raisins for a snack but with the raisins it put my daily sugar intake in the red. So I took out the raisins. But with the yogert I'm still -19. :( I rat all my daily sugar intake at breakfast!! Does this mean I've failed? :(

Replies

• onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    NOOOO! You've definitely not failed!! I always usually go over my sugar intake by 15-20 but I'm still losing! Just try to keep your sugar towards the beginning of the day (which you did!) and not towards the end, since your metabolism slows down around that time. :smile:
  • stevie375
    stevie375 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Not at all. 1 gram of sugar is 3.87 calories so as long as you are say 4 calories under your goal it balances itself out. So for 19 grams of sugar that is 76 calories.
  • kirk_clawson
    kirk_clawson Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The sugar numbers that are on MFP are ridiculously low. If you have a reason to track sugar (pre-diabetic or diabetic), then fine. Otherwise, just ignore it. Especially if you're getting your sugar from fruits and dairy.
  • allshebe
    allshebe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sugar is just a "subset" of carbs. MFP doesn't distinguish between sugar from good sources like fruits, vegetables and dairy and (relatively) "bad" empty calories from added sugar. Don't worry about it unless any sugar source "drives" excess appetite or you go way over on carbs in general.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I have read that when tracking sugar ignore natural ones and only worry about added sugars. The rda for a woman for added sugar is 24 grams, a guy 35. So track soda, chocolate, bread, cereal and so on. Ignore those found in fruit.