Looking for others to keep each other accountable

Options
Hi! I started counting calories with myfitnesspal about a month ago. I'm down 6 pounds! I've got 40 more to go...uuggghhh. I easily get discouraged when I see only 1 pound weight loss in a week. I know, instead, I should celebrate. Help me celebrate that! I'll help you too!!!!

Replies

• Shishimoncho
    Options
    Hi, You should celebrate every little success and reduction of your weight. You didn't put it all in a week and it cannot go down in a week either. It is normal to lose a bit more in the beginning and then the pace slows down as your body adjusts to the changes. Whatever you do DON'T GIVE UP and keep going, it all adds up at the end. Feel free to add me as a friend so we can support each other. You go girl! :)
  • VasylP
    VasylP Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great to see you are at least moving forward. I really enjoy the community here that is super encouraging. It is just counting the calories I find but making healthy food choices. I have practically given up all processed foods since late October of last year, plus thrown in some exercise three days a week. Since then I have lost 35 lbs or so. It doesn't seem like a lot but I sure do feel it. A lot of close family seams to think I've got a little wacky when I refuse to eat the garbage they eat.

Summer is just around the corner, and last week was the first time I got on my bicycle since some time in the mid 1990s. Getting out on my rides also about three or for times a week also is starting to contribute to getting my life back. :smile:

Feel free to add me as a friend!

Stay positive, and choose healthy foods over unhealthy foods and then you will really see a difference.

Best regards,

Vasyl
  • Jendarling73
    Jendarling73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    baby steps Feeling amazing 21 LBs NO gym! (back surg) all since Feb 13! :love:
  • tlyndavis50
    tlyndavis50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • tlyndavis50
    tlyndavis50 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't eat processed foods either!! I'm a little bit of a "freak" when it comes to what I will eat. But I have found through trial and error that processed foods make me sick and keep me from obtaining my goals.
  • lynnyweb
    lynnyweb Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to MFP and counting calories...I am 47 and 30 -35 pounds need to come off my body! It seems hard for me to stay motivated too especially since I am the only one cheering me on. I have a great husband, he just does not get it about exercising and dieting, he who can eat a whole chocolate pie and looks like a string bean! I really have gained most my weight in the last 2 years, must be true what they say about the metabolism slowing down as we age. I am on day 3 of my new diet, and new to MFP, and I really like that I found the message board~~ I have read so much, and just now posting.

I live on a ranch far from town, and only go to town a couple times a month. Have a garden, a mowed walking track (compliments to my husband), an exercise bike, and a BOSU exercise ball, but don't see a lot of people on the daily, so I would love to be in on your "keeping each other accountable and motivated" ~~~ my online GYM...ha!

Hang in there and glad to have you as a friend in this! I have read where others friend each other, being new, I will figure that out and you can certainly friend me. :)
  • Mumskin
    Mumskin Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,

I would appreciate some friends to help keep me motivate and on track to a healthier body.

I need to lose a couple of stone but the going is tough.

I will willingly encourage & motivate my friends.