Who loves to go out to eat?

Options
Babeskeez
Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
I was going to say eat out but that would have gotten me NO WHERE! :laugh: :blushing:

Anyhow, I love going out to eat. I usually go 3ish days a week and usually for lunch. I am a SAHM so being able to go out and do something with the kids is fun for us. Our usual trips are Subway and Panera since there are more options for me. Once a week usually, DH and I go out to dinner and have some drinks :heart:

Where are your favorite places? How many times do you go out? Easy for you to stay within your goal?

Replies

• purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Just this week I'm starting to reincorporate eating out to my diet. I've been making myself miserable by restricting myself to eating at home and never eating any of my favorite foods. We'll see how it effects me over the next few weeks. I'm hoping it goes well ;)

I love the chicken noodle soup at Panera. And grilled chicken sandwich variations from Subway. Tonight for my anniversary with my boyfriend I'm going to eat at a local restaurant- pork chop, green beans and cheddar mashed potatoes. Yum! I also love Pita Pit and hope to start incorporating that too. Lots of sodium when you eat like that but hey, it's worth it, right? :P
  • jzebracki
    jzebracki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love to eat out - anywhere, any time! I usually have dinner out 3 or 4 times a week - meeting friends, family, etc. I have learned to make healthy choices - fish, chicken, salads, and veggies. I sometimes think it is easier for me to eat out because I have portion control issues. When I am served something, that is all there is. If I cook it, then there is always more, and it is so easy to get seconds. Plus, restaurants are now posting their nutrition info on their websites, so it is easier to plan meals in advance. I try to make sure I know what I am getting before I get there so that I don't stray into bad choices.
  • JulieAnn72
    JulieAnn72 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I eat out from Friday night through Sunday lunch (and sometimes Sunday dinner). So 2-3 dinners plus 2 lunches. I've learned to really pay attention to the ingredients in whatever I'm ordering (how it's cooked, sauces, etc). And I've learned to plan ahead. I try to figure out where we're going in advance so I can go online and see if they have nutrition information. Then I choose something that's lower in calories but also sounds interesting. I don't always just go with whatever is lowest in calories.

I also find Subway and Panera as two great options for lunch. For dinner, we go to a lot of different places. We'll go out for Asian and I'll get sushi without any crazy sauces. Or we'll go for Mexican and I'll get fajitas but only eat one of the tortillas. Italian is really hard because I love pasta and will eat the whole meal, but I try to get marinara sauce or something light. We even go out to Red Robin with the kids and I'll get a grilled chicken sandwich or a burger wrapped in lettuce instead of the bun.

My downfall is drinks. Margaritas are 250 calories! Good beer is close to 200 too. I have started opting for wine most of the time now. I love wine, but generally prefer to have a more interesting drink when we go out. But then I am drinking all of my calories. So I usually get wine.
  • TashaUCanDoIt
    TashaUCanDoIt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I eat out about twice a week. As soon as I get my food, I ask for a "to go" container and put half of my food in there. If I plan on drinking too then breakfast is usually something small like oatmeal and lunch is a salad. It gives me something to look forward to and I stay within my calorie range! ;)

I'm from maryland and I looooooove seafood at the local restaurants! ;)
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I eat out often. Sometimes its for necessity, sometimes just for something different and sometimes for fun. I rarely venture the big chains although I'd say Qdoba is an exception. I used to goto Qdoba often and didn't thought of it as a fast food joint.

When I go out, I try to make it count even though I eat out often. I like different flavors and finding new places with exceptional food. I love finding new mom and pop shops where something is extra ordinary.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I usually go to Subway twice per week. My biggest problem with going out to eat is that it's hard to get a meal under 1000 mg of sodium and huge amounts of sodium like that throw my scale off for days lol :wink: I usually get the veggie at subway but lately I've been sick of that and getting the roasted chicken breast
  • Babeskeez
    Options
    Drinks are my huge down fall too so when we go out to dinner, I try and reserve it for the weekends :laugh:

Try to stay away from Mexican though since I can blow through two calorie days in one wad. :blushing:
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I love going out for ethnic foods (ethiopian, thai, indian, korean, etc.) because it costs more to make most of these at home than it does to go to a restaurant. If I could justify it in my diet and budget, I'd go out all the time.
  • Babeskeez
    Options
    I love going out for ethnic foods (ethiopian, thai, indian, korean, etc.) because it costs more to make most of these at home than it does to go to a restaurant. If I could justify it in my diet and budget, I'd go out all the time.

Totally.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    If you include fast food, I sometimes eat out three times per *day*. But yeah, I love going to restaurants.
  • Babeskeez
    Options
    If you include fast food, I sometimes eat out three times per *day*. But yeah, I love going to restaurants.

OMG YOU ARE GARBAGE!!! I CANT BELIEVE YOU GO OUT TO FAST FOOD! YOU WILL NEVER EVER REACH YOUR GOALS WITH ALL THAT TRASH!

smooch.gif
  • jonnythan
    Options

OMG YOU ARE GARBAGE!!! I CANT BELIEVE YOU GO OUT TO FAST FOOD! YOU WILL NEVER EVER REACH YOUR GOALS WITH ALL THAT TRASH!

smooch.gif

Yeah, I cry into every chalupa I eat. It's pretty bad.
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I usually go out to eat once per week, and it's with my family. When I was at college I would eat somewhere other than home at least once per day; most days it was either hibachi or Subway. If I know I'm going out to eat, I'll eat a small breakfast and lunch and drink lots of water. Most of the time I also take home part of my dinner or give it to someone else. Haha
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I eat out quite frequently. I can usually fit it into my calories easily.

With the exception of Chili's. Nearly everything in that place is over 1,000 calories. I really have to watch it there, it doesn't take much to gain weight if you pick the wrong meal.
  • jonnythan
    Options

With the exception of Chili's. Nearly everything in that place is over 1,000 calories. I really have to watch it there, it doesn't take much to gain weight if you pick the wrong meal.

Chili's has a "Lighter Choices" menu with some yummy stuff on it.
  • kmpublishing2
    kmpublishing2 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Hey, how did you get a picture of my cat as your profile? :happy:

I LOVE going out to eat...and I would do it for every meal, every day if I could justify it. Since I've cut down I've saved a lot of money though, since most of my friends assume I will pay for everyone since I make the most out of all of us.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options

smooch.gif

haha - lately or was lately for me was the Cool Ranch Locos Tacos - I'd usually get 3, but wanted 5 or 6 haha.

Yeah, I cry into every chalupa I eat. It's pretty bad.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I love to eat out, but I prefer to stay home when I do it...just kind of rude in public.
  • Cbdaugh2
    Cbdaugh2 Posts: 15
    Options
    i love to go out to eat, but now I feel like I have to do research before I go so that I will know what to get!