How big is one slice?

Options
Today's my cousin's graduation party and they are serving hotdogs, chips and cake. Healthy,huh? Well, I'm trying to plug stuff in ahead of time and when I search sheet cake, it's says a slice is around 280 calories, but how big is exactly one slice?

Usually I wouldn't care because I usually have enough calories to still bank under 1200 calories, but today at school they are serving ice cream as a reward for an achievement!

I would just use this as my cheat day if I hadn't eaten out last night and eating out with friends tomorrow!

Replies

• AlexB422
    AlexB422 Posts: 111
    Options
    Bump
  • jcramer1227
    jcramer1227 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. I wouldn't eat half the cake and call it a slice lol but not being exact for this one thing isn't going to hurt anything :)
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    That's a tough one. From what I've researched when I've had my own cake, it's about 1/12 of a regular-sized cake (one that comes out of a box). I'm not sure what the size of your cake will be, especially if they bought it made instead of baking it.

Edit: But I agree with the poster above, don't worry about it too much. Just have a relatively small slice a call it a day. (:
  • klp1017
    klp1017 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would estimate what I think a slice would be, then cut it a little smaller.
  • readysetgo33
    readysetgo33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Aw man, I hate not having a close estimate on how many cals something is! It really depends which bakery, what ingredients, and how big. (I looked this up maybe it will help you out)

-If it is 1/4 Sheet Cake or 9x12 inches, it will typically serve 12-28 people

-If it is 1/2 Sheet Cake or 11x15 inches, it will typically serve 18-40 people

-If it is a whole Sheet Cake or 18x24 inches it will typically serve 48-108 people.

Lol that may have been more than you cared to know, but if I were you I would choose a relatively generic description and log a piece of cake and would bet it's about 2x2in

*Or, log one of those individual pieces of cake sold at supermarket bakeries
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Options
    Aw man, I hate not having a close estimate on how many cals something is! It really depends which bakery, what ingredients, and how big. (I looked this up maybe it will help you out)

-If it is 1/4 Sheet Cake or 9x12 inches, it will typically serve 12-28 people

-If it is 1/2 Sheet Cake or 11x15 inches, it will typically serve 18-40 people

-If it is a whole Sheet Cake or 18x24 inches it will typically serve 48-108 people.

Lol that may have been more than you cared to know, but if I were you I would choose a relatively generic description and log a piece of cake and would bet it's about 2x2in

*Or, log one of those individual pieces of cake sold at supermarket bakeries
    I like how those serving estimates are a range that more than doubles from the low end to the high end. Not very helpful bakers! :laugh: