Not too sweet VEGAN protein powder?

Options
annasor70
annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
I usually use Nutribiotic organic rice protein powder which I love but wanted to try some other ones...I tried A Vega One this morning which I HATE as I really dislike how sweet stevia is :(
I am vegan by the way. Can anyone recommend a great, natural, not very sweet protein powder..it doesn't need to be sweet as I add fresh pressed juice, cacao powder, berries, kale, ginger, amla and sometimes acaii to it?

Replies

• redskiednight
    redskiednight Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've come out of forum lurkerdom to post here! I haven't got any experience with protein powders but was considering doing so soon - and I came accross hemp protein powder - it isn't pretty but you can source it from amazon if you can't get it near you. It's not sweet at all from what I hear :)
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Would second hemp, unflavoured (I'm not vegan but dairy intolerant).Not much of a taste to it, smells like mown grass. Only downside is it is khaki green and that's what colour everything ends up.

I'm in the UK and get mine either through amazon or holland and barrett.
  • annasor70
    annasor70 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) I think I know the one alright..it's green for sure ;) Will try this.
    I am almost nauseated by the icky sweet ones ;) My raw cacao and blueberries will most likely change the colour a bit too ..lol!
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i have the garden of life raw meal, not the vanilla or chocolate, just plain. it's good! and vegan. not very sweet.