I've hit a plateau

Options
I have slipped out of the habit of recording my food on this website and just trying to eat sensibly. So what happens? I have been stuck at the same weight for 3 weeks. How do I get motivated again? Haven't been walking as much lately either but thinking of joining a gym.

Replies

• 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    You gotta want it bad enough! If you do, you wake up in the morning and say I am going to work out and eat right! I work out so I CAN eat as MFP does not give me enough calories to feel full. Perhaps you set some mini rewards for yourself every 10 lbs. Nails, new jeans, dinner out - something small. Good Luck!
  • ladytap
    ladytap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've had this same problem off and on for the past 2 years. I'm not the type of person who just loves working out and eating right...I find it very very hard to keep myself motivated. The only thing that keeps me going is my husband. When I don't feel like working out, he encourages me, and vice versa. Do you have a workout buddy? Maybe a friend who will keep you motivated. Even if they can't physically workout with you, they can help you be accountable, and maybe call you before your scheduled workouts to give you that extra push you need.

Just stick with it and your desire will come back...especially as you start to see results!