Wearing shoes for the 30DS

Options
Hi there,

I'm thinking of restarting the 30 Day Shred and was wondering if you do it with or without sports shoes?
I used to do it without (I'm at home, after all! Barefoot or nothing!) but maybe it's better for grip, jumping etc. to wear your shoes...
What do you think?

Replies

• apriljackss
    apriljackss Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I've done both and my vote is for shoes! For jumping and everything I've found that a good stabilizing shoe makes all the difference.
  • rmdaly
    rmdaly Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Since 30DS has you using weights, you really should wear shoes for safety reasons.
  • zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I didn't like doing it without shoes. I ended up stopping and putting them on.
  • ks4e
    ks4e Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I can do Level 1 without shoes, but anything beyond required shoes for me.
  • kyylieeeeee
    kyylieeeeee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I do both. Mostly it depends on whether or not I'm already wearing my sneakers. I HAVE to do 30DS on a yoga mat, regardless of whether or not I'm wearing shoes or on carpet or hard floor-- and this does help with traction if I'm not wearing anything on my feet.
    Overall, I advocate for shoes most of the time, but sometimes I'm just too lazy to put on sneakers and all my workout clothes (thus why I'm inside doing 30DS in the first place instead of outside running or at the gym!).
  • Kreider86
    Kreider86 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started out without shoes and then put them on about halfway through lvl 1. Made it so much better. Just my plain old $25 sneakers.. ahhh.. lot better for jumping. The only thing was the butt-kicks weren't as easy for me, but eh.. I'd go for shoes! :)
  • warrow8282
    warrow8282 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I did the first week without shoes & loved it... HOWEVER, I ended up really hurting my ankle during a workout (possibly a sprain), and needing to wear an ankle brace just to walk around during the day for a week (which meant I then missed a whole week of the Shred)... from then on, I started doing it with sneakers :-(