HELP! I've actually gained weight

Options
2»

Replies

• TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    first of all stop beating yourself up over it. We all go through plateaus hit that proverbial rut Please feel free to add me as a friend. I have over a hundred lbs to lose but for me its 1 at a time. Have you taken a look at your daily diary to see what are your routine foods you eat? Are any of them ones that you could change up? replace with foods that fill you up better and have same or lower calorie? just a couple of suggestions. Also if you are excercising regularly muscle weighs more then fat henceforth gaining weight look forward to chatting with you.....Lorrain
  • TheNewLorrain
    TheNewLorrain Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    my first two days on this program my calorie intake was too high so glad I adjusted it because I dropped four lbs. Mental attitude goes along way. And sadly we may want what we want but its not always the way it is. Sure I want to eat a big ol bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce. Do I ? nope...have it in moderation proper serving and count your calories. Be accountable. You aren't fooling anyone but yourself sadly. Our weight is there for all the world to see. by cheating the system you are only cheating yourself. You are worth so much more then that
  • JulieGirl58
    JulieGirl58 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm actually going to be following The Full Plate Diet which focuses on adding fiber to your diet and eating clean. I don't pay much attention to the guidelines from MFP. But I'm trying to educate myself on healty eating, too.
  • MichelleMac58
    MichelleMac58 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me for support......been there and done that but finally with mfp I'm getting there slowly but surely.:smile:
  • lucyhross
    lucyhross Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've been a member for a couple months now and have actually gained weight. It seems like tracking my food makes me into a crazy person and I now eat more than usual. Suddenly all this focus on what I am eating makes me feel hungry all the time. Before when I wasn't thinking about what I ate I actually ate less and sometimes even forgot to eat. I had a couple of MFP friends at first but then decided to just do this with my family. They do not log in on a regular basis so I am not getting enough support. I hope my old friends recognise me and invite me back. I am 58 and about 50 pounds overweight. I want to be healthier, not just lose pounds. I have longevity in my genes and my family tends to live into their 90's and beyond. If I'm going to get that old I want to be healthy, not in a nursing home. HELP! I need friends.

i think this is exactly whats happening to me! logging all my food makes me want it more! im in the exact same boat as you- i keep digging myself a digger hole!

but lets keep our heads up! we can so this!

(if you do get any tips/ resolutions pls let me know!)
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have also gained weight. don't know what to do, very upsetting!
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    There sure is something to be said about the mental aspect. Especially if you've been thin all your life until....

I have found that, although I am disciplined for periods of time, the more I obsess about my weight the more I want food. Instead, I have decided to educate myself on what good nutrition is and eat for health instead of eating to lose weight. It promotes a shift in my thinking, and I have lost weight in the process.

I've been helped by reading Dr. Fuhrman's and Jon Gabriel's books. I have also connected with people who are all on similar journeys and of similar age.

Feel free to friend me or message me. As it happens, I have not logged my food recently, because I am going through a spell that I have been very busy and in any event eat very healthy foods. I do log my exercise though.

All the best to you.
    Renny