Hip Hop Abs

Options
All I've seen on MFP about Hip Hop are mostly negative comments, and a lot of people saying it doesn't work. I want to hear from people who have tried it and it actually DOES work. I think it's effective, and a good way to get in some cardio, even if it does seem to be repetitive in some spots. Again, only positive comments please. Respect my post as I respect yours.

Replies

• Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I have it and do with Insanity from time to time.. can't say I have seen progress from it since I haven't done it as a stand alone but I can tell you that I can feel the workout in my ABS after doing it.
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I applaud you for doing Insanity...I don't have the courage to try that:smile:
  • pcdoctor01
    pcdoctor01 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it but I like the infomercial.
    "How many times $19.95 a month?"
    "Say what?"
    "That's a steal baby!"
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I applaud you for doing Insanity...I don't have the courage to try that:smile:

I don't understand???

It's not courage- just turn it on and do it- when you get tired take a break!!!
  • sannitap
    sannitap Posts: 1
    Options
    Im using as a cardio work out and Im drenched with sweat afterwards. So I think it is working for me. Along with changing my eating habits i've been loosing a pound a day.
  • foxymama73
    Options
    Yeah, I got it at that price...that's a pretty good deal, considering how much the other Beachbody stuff costs.:smile:
  • foxymama73
    Options
    Nice!! A pound a day? That's pretty good!!:drinker:
  • foxymama73
    Options
    Well, JoRocka, if you buy it for me, I'll do the whole workout just for you...in the meantime, didn't need to hear what you thought, thank you:flowerforyou:
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    It worked incredible well for me! I didn't have weight to lose I just toned up heaps!
  • jecka93
    jecka93 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Oh and I'm now doing Insanity :P
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options

I ended up buying it from beachbody and got the deluxe set for $40.00 so it is now a 2 month program plus a bonus DVD of Insane abs because I have a beachbody coach..

I was scared of Insanity too.. but it really does make you stronger.. I take breaks as needed..no shame there and each day I can do a little more..
  • smalls9686
    smalls9686 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I tried HHA a few years ago when it first came out and I had less weight to lose about 30 pounds or so and I did it religiously! After about that I was slim and trim then added weight lifting and protein shakes I was RIPPED. But I wasn't very healthy I pretty much swung the other way and ended up having an eating disorder so after a few years I am in the position of finding balance. I am once again reincorporating HHA and his other Rock N Body (which is more Total Body focused) with jogging/walking. Once I get my weight down I want to try Insanity!

Long story short HHA does work if YOU work it!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I have rockin body (which I love) and I have hip hop abs but haven't tried it yet .....
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    I just started Hip hop abs on Monday. I like it, its fun. But when I wear my HRM I can see that it doesn't burn as many calories as my normal workouts. But it's only a month, so I'm going to keep at it and see what happens!
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I like hip hop abs...I think that if your used to doing harder workouts like insanity or p90 you might not think u are getting a good enough workout but I'm just beginning..I have been using it for 2 months and lost some inches and I sweat and gain endurance..the level 2 has more jumping and and is harder...add me if you want:)
  • smalls9686
    Options
    I just started Hip hop abs on Monday. I like it, its fun. But when I wear my HRM I can see that it doesn't burn as many calories as my normal workouts. But it's only a month, so I'm going to keep at it and see what happens!

Out of curiosity how many calories do you burn doing HHA? I normally burn 300-320 doing the 30 cardio burn.
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Wow, when I first started I was burning like 220 but since I've been doing it for a week and a half it's getting easier and my burn is getting lower, it's been about 180 the past few days.
  • smalls9686
    Options
    Wow, when I first started I was burning like 220 but since I've been doing it for a week and a half it's getting easier and my burn is getting lower, it's been about 180 the past few days.
  • smalls9686
    Options

Oh wow, that is a major difference...but it maybe because I am fairly large? When I was smaller (130)I think I burned about 250. Maybe you should try Rocking N Body I burn almost 500 for 45 minutes on that and a good 10 minutes is floor work. Just a thought =-) Good luck to YA!