what do you do with spaghetti squash?

Options
2»

Replies

• lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    My fave way to cook spaghetti squash is to roast it with olive oil, then shred it. Then, I toss with arugula, goat cheese, olives, and roasted red peppers for a cold "pasta salad" that is savory, salty, fills me up, and gets some greens in all at once!

I have also tossed with sesame seeds, ginger, soy sauce, and stir fry veggies as if they were Asian "noodles". Yummmm :)

This sounds amazing!
  • lesliev523
    lesliev523 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I love it with any pasta sauce.... I also love it with just some garlic olive oil and shaved par.

Spaghetti squash is one of my all time FAVORITE foods!
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I use it in place of noodles in just about any type of noodle dish. I have had it with pesto shrimp or chicken; spicy veggie marinara, modified version of a vodka sauce; some people use it in baked "pasta" dishes. Its pretty versatile, you just need to get used to the texture because it isn't the same as a traditional noodle.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I bake it with a bit of butter, cinnamon and sugar.

I put mozzarella cheese on it and eat it like pasta and cheese.

I pull it out and put spaghetti sauce on it.

While it is tasty, it's NOT the same as pasta and is kind of an acquired taste.

Good luck!!!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    lately i've been mixing w/eggwhite and sriracha and making little mock hash brown patties (form into patties and throw on cookie sheet in hot oven, flip when crispy on side, cook till crispy on other...) also love mixed w/a little pesto or just plain w/a little parm and a lot of black pepper...
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I usually just make it as spaghetti. I did try it as a replacement for ground beef/turkey in tacos once. It turned out pretty good! I just cooked it as usual--I find the microwave to be easiest and generally with great results. Then I put it in a pan with some onions and the taco seasoning & water as directed on the packet with the spaghetti squash instead of hamburger. It made for some tasty, lower calorie veggie tacos!
  • AngelJLV83
    AngelJLV83 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Definitely bumping. These recipes sound delicious.
  • tschaff04
    tschaff04 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Everything! lol

I just had some for dinner. I cooked it, pulled the "noodles" out and topped them with half an ounce craisins, an ounce and a half feta cheese, and sriracha. It was pretty tasty and less than 300 cals. Very filling!
  • pocketmole
    pocketmole Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i love it with marinara sauce or simple with butter, salt & pepper, and fresh herbs. another thing i liked recently was making a roux, stirring in a good sharp cheese and a sprinkle of grated nutmeg, then stir the squash into it. Cheesy and delicious.
  • Kpablo
    Kpablo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I made spaghetti squash pasta.

I'm vegetarian. It was gross.