Do you eat more when you are sick?

2»

Replies

• Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    I eat less when I'm sick. Mostly I just sleep around and have zero appetite...
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    I rarely get sick. Haven't missed a day of work due to being sick in over 9 years. I rarely eat when I am sick. I just want to sleep until I feel better.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    It depends on the illness. I am just starting to get better from some sort of virus that left me with a bad sore throat, fatigue, chest infection, dizziness and now shifting to my nose. I binged, basically, for the last 3 days, on sugary, carby things, so not best pleased with myself(being due for my tom probably didn't help), and I had to forget exercise yesterday and the day before as I just felt so physically bad. Hoping to get back on track tomorrow, and hoping by some miracle my body will find something to do with the excess calories, other than fat storage, but not holding much hope.
  • delekium
    delekium Posts: 40 Member
    My mom used to tell me 'Stuff a cold, starve a fever'
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    thanks for the replies all! yeah, when I have a cold, I am just starving for no reason! I fed it all last week ( no clue if I gained, my scale battery is broken) but now after a week my appetite is back to normal, thank God!
  • Not sure why but when I am sick I crave red meat, or tuna, cuz for some reason I think that meat really helps me recover, probably just the protein, However, if I had my way, I would eat a hug piece of salmon every day that I was sick cuz i think that salmon is amazing for the body. But, salmon is also expensive so I settle for lean red meat and tuna. Oh, and don't work out when you are sick, I have tried and when I did squats it felt like my head was going to pop