Vitamins that don't make you nauseous?

Options
I was not sure where to post this, but I currently take a multi vitamin and a calcium supplement that has vitamin D in it. I always take it with food or it makes me nauseous, but lately even if I take it after I eat a full meal, it is making me nauseous. Any ideas of brands that may be easy to digest/won't make you nauseous? I take Alive! for women and Nature's Own Calcium. Thanks!

Replies

• wbandel
    wbandel Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I take gummy vitamins for adults. I've found that they are more gentle on my stomach. Whenever I've had the huge once a day vitamins I always get extremely nauseous. I'm not sure if it's the fact it's already partially chewed up before it gets to my stomach, or what it's made out of, but I've found the gummies are great and don't bother my stomach at all. You might wanna check them to see if they have everything you want in a vitamin first, but my belief is anything is better than a stomachache.
  • kbelliot
    kbelliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I agree, I take the gummies. They are great and taste just like candy. Yum!
  • anchees
    anchees Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I totally agree!! I had the same problem and gummy vitamins are the solution. I was so happy when they came out with the gummy vitamins!
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Please be well hydrated before taking any suppliments and have some food in your belly. You could wait till the end of the day to take them if your having issues. Give your body time to wake up and your blood be flowing throughout your body.
  • jeannemarie333
    jeannemarie333 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I found that it's the iron that makes me feel sick, and when I tried the ones without Iron it went much better, but then had to be sure and eat foods that contain Iron to make sure I was getting enough (especially because we women lose iron at that time of month) good luck!!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    GUMMIES!
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's most likely the iron content. I had the same problem with prescription prenatal vitamins. If both the supplements contain iron, you might try taking them at different meals.

I also really like the Alive! pea protein shake mix... it's pretty much a vitamin supplement and a protein drink in one. I usually only take half the suggested amount, but I haven't had any stomach issues with it.
  • karenhray7
    karenhray7 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue. I take a handful (literally) of meds/vitamins each day and I have discovered that if I eat an apple about 20 minutes after I take them, I donʻt become nauseas. But Iʻm still trying to find a fish oil that doesn't make me burp.
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Migth be the extra zinc. It often makes people nauseous on an empty stomach.
  • DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I had the same problems. Go with the Gummies!
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the vitamins, I have had the same effect with a number of different brands. However, I found that switching from a calcium pill to a calcium tablet that you dissolve in water was much easier on my stomach.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    There are also liquid forms of some vitamins and there are pill for liquid multis, they digest well for me. I also found that the pills with coating on them did better in my stomach than those without a coating. I nearly throw up everytime I take my zinc *blech!*
  • EllytoSkinny
    Options
    Thanks for the great posts! I am going to try to split the vitamins up and take at different meals first, to see if that helps. If not, then I'll get some gummies.