Special K

Options
I have been eating Special K most mornings recently for breakfast and enjoying it. I am wondering how the flavored versions of special K tastes (if anyone has tried them). I don't like sweet cereal (even something like Honey Nut Cheerios is too sweet for me) so I am wondering how sweet they are.

Also I noticed there is a multigrain version of Special K...has anyone tried that? Is it sweet?

Thanks!

Replies

• artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I love the Special K Satisfaction & Vanilla flavors. My problem is that they are more like a treat for me. They taste amazing, but I don't feel like they leave me full. The other problem is the sugar content. Be sure to be keeping track of your sugar because cereals like this will dominate most of your sugar consumption.
  • carolinemacdonald22
    Options
    I LOVE the vanilla-almond kind.
  • leakejb
    leakejb Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey there~ I love Special K cereal, I have tryied the one with strawberries in the special K but I didnt like it bc the strawberries/fruit was to HARD to eat. If you get the cereal with the fruit in it make sure you let it sit in milk for a while so it would soften the dry fruit. I like the SPECIAL K CEREAL BARS. They are awesome.
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't care for sweet cereals either. The special K cereals really surprised me, i haven't found i don't like. Even the one with chocolate chunks is good especially for that chocolate craving LOL!!!! i definitely recommend them all, and i have tried them all. I really like the strawberry and chocolate alot.:flowerforyou:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I absolutely love the Special K with strawberries, but don't allow myself to eat them that often, which may be why I love them so much!
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    awesome ty :) right now it is easy to get berries from the store (and outside my house heh) but in the winter i may try the special k with berries :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    The chocolate one is yuck. The vanilla yogurt & strawberry ones are very tasty. I noticed they just came out with a granola one, that has a good amount of protein in it.
  • wittygirl118
    Options
    Special K Protein Plus, I add a packet of splenda or a serving of fruit to sweeten. :)
  • girlmeetsworld93
    Options
    My all-time fav. cereal is the Special K Cinnamon Pecan! The cinnamon is sort of sweet, but I think the pecans give it a nice woodsy flavor that kind of counteracts the sweetness. =)
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    If you don't care for sweet cereal and want one that has more protein and more fiber than Special K, check out Kashi-- the Go Lean Crunch and the High Protein High Fiber, in particular, are my favorites. Very filling and satisfying and good taste without being sickenly sweet.