food ideas?

Options
Slimdownmb
Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
Hi everyone - i really want to learn some new snacks/meals ideas?

Heres mine -

Favorite snacks at the moment -

RiceCakes topped with humous (lowfat) and slices of cucmber
Water crackers topped with cream cheese (lowfat) and smoked salmon, drizzle with lemon.
Ryvitas topped with cottage cheese (lowfat) and sliced tomatoes and black pepper
Sticks of raw carrott and celery drizzled with lemon juice ... or dipped in low fat humous.

Favorite meals at the moment-

Grilled pork chop (fat trimmed)
chop and slice - cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and lettuce
also chop ur grilled pork chop up
stuff everything into a pita bread or wrap.

Mixed bean salad-
1/2 a can of 3or5 bean salad drain and rinse
put in a bowl with chopped salad (cucumber,tomato,lettuce,onions)
1 table spoon of chunky salsa
1 table spoon of tzatziki
1/2 a lemon and a little olive oil (tiny bit)
mix all together ... its so yummy and full of fibre!

Hope this helps anyone wanting some new ideas?
Id love to hear from you!! xx

Replies

• Boomshakalaka01
    Boomshakalaka01 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    These look yummy.... I'll give it a try. :D
  • Slimdownmb
    Slimdownmb Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    you so should!
    my best friends mum is like a fitness freak and she knows her stuff - she made me these meals one week and now i eat them as much as i can! so yummy.

Good luck let me know how u get on with them! x
  • gracetillman
    gracetillman Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My favorite snacks include:

Sliced sweet red pepper with tzatziki dip

carrots or cucumber and hummus

Popcorn

Cheesesticks

No Bake Peanut Butter Ball (I got the recipe from Pinterest -- Just Oats, Flaxseed, chocolate chips, honey, and peanut butter)

Any type of Fruit -- Papaya and lime, apple slices, frozen grapes, frozen bananas, strawberries, pineapple

Meals:

Greek Flatbread -- Turkey, romaine lettuce, feta cheese, cucumber, red bell pepper, green onion, banana peppers, and tzatziki

Homemade Tacos -- crispy shells, low fat beef, cheddar cheese, sourcream, salsa, lettuce

Slowcooker pork -- shred pork -- add to tortilla with salsa and sourcream OR shred pork and add bbq sauce on a bun

Asian Chicken Salad -- Lettuce, Grilled Chicken, crunchy chow mein noodles, chopped cabbage, red peppers, onion, shred carrots, Asian sesame dressing

Ham and Eggs

Bagel Thins, Cream cheese, salmon, capers, and red onion

I actually have a ton of recipes that I LOVE to make but I have a ton of cookbooks and live on the internet sites getting more recipes. It is funny but when I am watching what I eat trying to make good choices I eat better tasting food then when I eat without awareness!!
  • ameliaannakin
    ameliaannakin Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hii :)

Shameless plug (sorry!) but my food diary blog - ameliasfooddiary.wordpress.com - might give you some ideas. I take pictures of all my foods and blog them with recipes and calories :)

Ax