baby weight loss support

Options
Hi all,

I am hoping to find some people who are in the same position as me! I have a six month old son and I am trying to loose the baby weight. I lost weight before I had him and got to 98lbs (healthy weight for my 5ft height) but I did not get there healthily and don't want to go back to this way for his sake. I was 105 before I had my little man and want to loose the 35lbs I put on but have faced an uphill battle as my hormones took ages to get their act together. Since January I have lost 18lbs with jillian michaels 30 day shred/bfbm/nmtz/6w6p and have 17 to go. I'm hoping someone wants to join together and keep each other motivated to get to our goals. What are you guys doing to loose the baby weight? Anything particular for your stomach?

:)

Replies

• campbellbx
    campbellbx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me ill help support you I also had a little boy at the beginning of the year and im looking to lose about 30lb
  • katiebrown1411
    Options
    Hi,

I know exactly how you're feeling, I had my son a year and a half ago now and have almost gotten down to the size I was originally. Bearing in mind I was 40lbs overweight. So I think I'm in a good position to help you out. So firstly you want to concentrate your efforts mostly on your eating habits as this is where a good 80% of your losses will come from. And to be fair trying to fit an exerciseplan and everything in is not the route to go, especially with demanding kids about.

But don't be fooled by so called low fat foods as a lot of them contain crap which will just leave you cravingmore crap. So things like free range eggs and greens are a god start. I know it doesn't sound so appetising but trust me after a while this food will be your saviour when your energy is low, they keep you satisfied for longer too and stress free.

It's not just all about eating like that though because once you're in that fat burning mode (2-3 weeks), chucking some crap in will supercharge your metabolism, forcing it into overdrive. I always pig out on my ben and jerrys whilst my son is in bed haha peace and quiet for once ;)

If I had to recommend anything to help you on your way it would be www.secretcleanacademy.com. On there you will find a free 2-part video series on how to really get in that fat burning mode. Which is basically what I've outlined but I do like someone talking me through it, and this site is what helped me and it's free so I really do recommend it.

I hope this helps, all the best!

Katie x
  • zelda10000
    zelda10000 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello,

these tips will be of great benefit to you

Tip 1 - Cut out all soft drinks and energy drinks, and drink plenty of water instead
    Tip 2 - Control your portion sizes
    Tip 3 – Have a great breakfast
    Tip 4 - Eat the widest possible variety of foods
    Tip 5 - Start cooking
    Tip 6 - Be active everyday
    Tip 7 –Snacking
    Tip 8 - Set Mini Goals
    Tip 9 –Get Support
    Tip 10 - Understand your Energy and Fat Intake

Details of the tips given above can be found in my free report please check http://adf.ly/PBpxG and read very carefully if you really want to loose weight
  • Diandra81
    Diandra81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me peeps! I'm a FTM to an 8 week old baby girl and I started working out this week....had to wait because I had a c-section. I'm giving myself a year to lose the 40 pounds I need to get to my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm hoping to do it in less than 12 months though!
  • spellel
    spellel Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for your posts/ advice / friend requests :)

I am currently not calorie counting at the moment as I tend to obsess too much and end up in starvation mode. So I am just eating healthy e.g. a typical day would be 1 nespresso latte with semi skimmed milk and porridge, salad with no dressing but 100g of some kind of meat e.g. pork or beef or low fat cheese and chicken with vegetables. If im cravinh I would have 10g of chocolate.
    I am exercising 6/7 days and doing either no more trouble zones or banish fat boost metabolism by jillian michaels but I am waiting for ea actove 2 to arrive as im getting a bit bored. I lost the weight before on just wii fit but I have completely overdone that now and turning it on even puts me off!

I am proud of myself that I am over half way now and have 17/35 to go but it still seems so far away and I don't see a huge difference with my before and during pictures (although my husband says there is!).

How do you all stay motivated, what are your plans and your goal dates?

Congratulations to you all on your little ones :)

Diandra - I also had a c section with my son, I know its hard (trust me!) but try not to push to hard as it is major surgery and my c section scar still sometimes gives me grief :( especially when little one kicks me or stands on my tummy...just mean ;)
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have an almost 2 year old and was losing weight before I became pregnant with my 2nd. Now I'm fine having kids and need to get about 90 lbs of to be at a healthy weight. Feel free to add me.
  • saracat21
    Options
    Hello, I completely know how you feel. I wasn't skinny but definitely thin before I had my son. I gained 73 pounds with my pregnancy and I am paying for it now. As hard as it is juggling being a stay at home mom, working from home and having a teething toddler, making time for myself and loosing weight feels impossible. I go on diets from time to time, but cheat days turn into weeks and then months. I am at the point where I can't stand it anymore and am on a mission to loose weight and feel good. Anyone have the motivation, please feel free to add me or we can support each other!