30/45/25

Options
I'm setting my protein at 30%, carbs at 45% and fat at 25% - want to know if this makes sense? I've been reading loads of posts and think I have it understood.

I'm 5'6, weight 140 and have a goal of becoming a "lean" 130. What do you all think? Up the protein or lower it? Or any of the other numbers need adjusting? I feel like looking at my diary, I'm always going to go over on fat (mainly b/c I love peanut butter!)

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    more fat, less carbs, maybe more protein too.

If you're trying to lean out, most people won't want carbs to be their highest macro.
  • YiotaBro
    YiotaBro Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Stoli24
    Stoli24 Posts: 14
    Options
    That is pretty much the ratio I have gone with. So far it has worked for me. Protein ~ g = bodyweight, Fats from Olive Oil, Peanut Butter, etc, and for the carbs I typically go with a complex carb (oatmeal, brownrice) or fruit.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I have my protein set for 1g per pound of LBM, which works out to 25% for me, and I have my carbs set so they don't cause cravings/binging, which is 35% at my current calorie level, and then round out the rest with fat, 40%.
  • h9dlb
    h9dlb Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    up protein and fat, cut carbs ( aim for less than 100g per day carbs) and as much protein as you can manage. The fat should be mostly monounsaturates and keep sats at less than 15g