Reached goal... now what...

Options
Hi there :)

Basically to cut to the chase, I'm a 5'11 guy who has gone down from 190lbs to 165 since the start of the year. This has been by having a goal calories of roughly 1,460.0 calories/day but balancing this out by eating quite a bit more at the weekends and doing lots of exercise in the week to create a deficit to allow for this to happen and so I am able to enjoy myself :)

Essentially I am now 2lbs away from my goal weight (and on last check at 167 was 13% bodyfat) and am worried about upping calories and the weight simply piling back on from going to say 1,460.0 calories/day to 1700 calories/day (which is according to MFP still enough for losing a pound a week. The though of jumping from 1460 to 2150 (MFP define maintenance amount) seems very daunting and that it would definitely result in weight gain?

Is anyone able to allay my fears and point me in the right direction about what is best to do to keep the weight off?

Cheers :)

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Now eat clean, with about 1.2 g of protein per pound of body weight, about 0.5g of fat per pound of body weight, the balance in carbs. Eat about 10% over tdee. Lift heavy 3x-5x per week. Start going the other direction with your weight, but this time with lean muscle rather than fat.
  • Stoli24
    Stoli24 Posts: 14
    Options
    Now eat clean, with about 1.2 g of protein per pound of body weight, about 0.5g of fat per pound of body weight, the balance in carbs. Eat about 10% over tdee. Lift heavy 3x-5x per week. Start going the other direction with your weight, but this time with lean muscle rather than fat.

^^^ Agree, this is my plan as well
  • avalanches1
    avalanches1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ok, say for example though I was just looking to keep the weight off as opposed to building muscle what would the process be?