Ankle/wrist weights

Options
Wow, they're awesome. I go walking with them now, and added them to my body weight training till I can get my other workout equipment back because of a move we're in the middle of. Anyone else walk with them? My butt and legs are starting to feel it. Even my back and core.

Replies

• fxgs
    fxgs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I walk with hand weights (5 lbs); been doing so for years. Contrary to some peoples opinions I have never suffered any ill effects.
    Really has helped to to develop my core, my abs feel great
  • Lexandrea
    Lexandrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I walk with hand weights (5 lbs); been doing so for years. Contrary to some peoples opinions I have never suffered any ill effects.
    Really has helped to to develop my core, my abs feel great

that's awesome :) I'm walking with them every day now. Even around the house i'll walk with them and do random leg lifts
  • JessicaDumont2
    JessicaDumont2 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I've started to walk 2 1/2 every morning with 15lb ankle weights. :) gives me such a good burn, and I can feel it in my legs too. I may start wearing them every where.

It was funny, the first day I wore them, I tried to run in them. It was bad, I looked so silly and went so slow but it took so much energy. :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    If it's good enough for Goku and Piccolo, it's good enough for me.
  • freebirdjones
    freebirdjones Posts: 237
    Options
    I even wear them to walmart & to do groceries :) all over, mine fit under my pants well
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    next to feel sore will be your joints. adding weight to the ends of your limbs and walking around puts stress on your joints from angles they aren't meant to handle, and the tiny bit of added weight isn't going to give you a muscular or cardio benefit great enough to outweigh the risks. ditch the weights and just find 30-40 mins to work out 3-4 times per week
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    next to feel sore will be your joints. adding weight to the ends of your limbs and puts stress on your joints from angles they aren't meant to handle, and the tiny bit of added weight isn't going to give you a muscular or cardio benefit great enough to outweigh the risks. ditch the weights and just find 30-40 mins to work out 3-4 times per week

If you're going to add weight, wear a weighted vest. Carry that weight centrally like your body would prefer to do. Ankle/wrist weights are pointless and dangerous at best.
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    small weights won't stress joints, but are also pointless as they won't do anything. Larger weights at 3lbs and higher however have the potential to stress joints. and even then, for 3lbs apiece, whats the point, it's not going to add anything... Grab a weight vest, far more benefit, far less risk.
  • crenner07
    crenner07 Posts: 36
    Options
    If it's good enough for Goku and Piccolo, it's good enough for me.

Genius!! :smile:

I'm still not going to do it. I have enough problems with my ankles and knee already.
  • Lexandrea
    Lexandrea Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Wow.....most of of you guys made me feel bad about getting them now...thank you.