the most motivational random shout youve ever had...

Options
when youre out running or in the gym...

some random teenagers once sang the rocky theme tune at me when i was running up some steps on a bridge.

made my day/week/month

they were probs taking the p!ss tho... :sad:

Replies

• Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I feel old I don't understand this reference to taking the piss.

Someone else on here said that, when did this become a phrase? I'm 29 and feel like an old man all of a sudden.
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    maybe its an english thing??
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Ohh the wee piss artists!!! :angry:
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    Not quite a shout out, but was turned away from joining a gym because I'm not a 'big enough' girl.

Couldn't decide if I should have been mad at being discriminated against or not!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Not a shout out, but when I first started going to the gym, I was figuring out how to use the squat rack and these two guys came over and helped me. I was embarassed at first because I felt so clueless, but after they helped me get everything set up they told me, "hey, you're doing awesome. Keep it up." I can't even describe how good that made me feel!
  • weevil66
    weevil66 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    It's like taking the Mickey out of somebody
  • LonLB
    LonLB Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • brunetteavoxgirl
    brunetteavoxgirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My Piloxing instructor told me when I work out I "go hard or go home. Even if [I'm] not doing the right moves."

So, obviously, I was doing things wrong.... but I was working!
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options

I once heard a British actor being interviewed. They asked him how he rose to stardom and remained so humble and down-to-earth. He said it was because British people have no problem taking the piss out of you if you're too arrogant.

It seems I'm hearing it shortened more frequently in recent times to just "taking the piss", instead of adding "out of". I think that's what's causing all the confusion in the forums.