Is it okay to eat 1 cookie or 1 piece of candy every day?

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options

Ignore the troll and let's chat about cookies!

Forget cookies. I had a small slice of homemade pizza with a Woodchuck cider, but I have a pizza tooth.

I am also more of a pizza tooth than a sweet tooth. Or a meat tooth.

b6q6p5.jpg

I could stare at your meat all day.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options

Forget cookies. I had a small slice of homemade pizza with a Woodchuck cider, but I have a pizza tooth.

I am also more of a pizza tooth than a sweet tooth. Or a meat tooth.

b6q6p5.jpg

NomNomNom.
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    yup. like everyone said moderation.
    EXAMPLE: Went out to eat, kids wanted Ice Cream at the ice cream place, instead bought some at the grocery store, but some small ice cream cones
    total calories, 120, sugar 10 grams of sugar. (and a lot cheaper)
    add some strawberries and nuts, just like cold stone creamery. :)
    LoL
    well not the same but def feel better after
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    How about just enjoying life..? Last time I checked, the majority of traditional French people don't have weight issues, and they wouldnt be caught dead counting their calories. And who was I kidding, the a lot of people on this site would have no idea what I am talking about because you have to be pretty far gone and consumed about weight loss to be having a picture of your rear end as your profile picture. I suppose if you like counting calories every day and like spending all of your brain energy worrying about all of this, than that is fine. I was just trying to give another opinion that you can actually find a wonderful mental and physical balance when you remove all of the numbers from this whole weight loss equation. But, for the most part, people in North America are not wanting to find actual peace when it comes to body and food. It really sucks all of the joy out of eating.

you have no idea why I have the picture up that I have...you don't know me or anything about me, or my attitude toward food.

"far gone"?

"consumed"?

please.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I could stare at your meat all day.

Me too. :drinker:
  • jenn_zimm
    jenn_zimm Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Girl! No junk food!! Very unhealthy and fattening!

Important note-- if 90% of the responses to a thread agree with each other and you're the only one going the other way, re-evaluate.

Exactly what I was about to post!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    How about just enjoying life..? Last time I checked, the majority of traditional French people don't have weight issues, and they wouldnt be caught dead counting their calories. And who was I kidding, the a lot of people on this site would have no idea what I am talking about because you have to be pretty far gone and consumed about weight loss to be having a picture of your rear end as your profile picture. I suppose if you like counting calories every day and like spending all of your brain energy worrying about all of this, than that is fine. I was just trying to give another opinion that you can actually find a wonderful mental and physical balance when you remove all of the numbers from this whole weight loss equation. But, for the most part, people in North America are not wanting to find actual peace when it comes to body and food. It really sucks all of the joy out of eating.

Oh look! Another 22 year old who is in love with the French and knows everything about everyone.
  • ihad
    Options
    I just joined this site so I could reply to this thread. The truth is is if you remove all of the mental aspects of food and weightloss, you actually can get into an equilibrium with your body. (this is assuming you have a base knowledge that eating vegetables and fruit is better for your body than eating chips). Once you remove the mental energy away from how many calories you are burning and how many you are "allowed" to eat, you can actually reach a healthy weight.
    For instance, some days I am a lot more hungry that other days. So yes, I eat more on those days. With in your month, your apatite level fluctuates with your hormones (I am a female). If you listen to your body, you will have a balance and you will not gain weight. I eat dessert every day, usually twice a day. I'm not talking a piece of cheese cake, but I have cookies, chocolate (milk or dark, what ever you like). And some days I just don't feel like it.
    When you focus all of the attention on the numbers associated with food (calories, number of cookies) this can completely interfere with your bodies ability to regulate your weight. Your brain releases compounds that turn your appetite on, and ones that turn it off. This regulation goes further than just one meal. If you have been at a weight for a long time, your body is going to want to keep you at this set point. That is why losing weight becomes really difficult sometimes because your body is constantly producing appetite hormones. When you add this on top of peoples constant enumeration of everything they eat, you have a recipe for yo-yo weight loss.
    So most of you will not believe a word I am saying, because why has no one up to this point just promoted having a healthier intuitive relationship with food? Well that is because soo much money can be made off of it. And people love to focus on numbers, that is our nature. But to really combat the weight issue plaguing North America, we need to promote the culture of food and enjoying it with friends and family, and take the focus off of the numbers. Once you have a more positive less number-oriented relationship with food, your body will maintain a healthy weight for you. Of course you need to eat vegetables and fruit and whole grains. We all know that by now. But try shifting the focus away from the numbers.

In the spirit of your loquacious discourse...

You joined a calorie counting site, to repond to a post more than a year old, by a user who has deactivated, solely to tell people, many of whom have formerly gained large amounts of weight through intuitive eating, and are now often seeing incredible success tracking their diet and exercise, to stop counting calories and just listen to their bodies?

I am impressed at your level of self-esteem.

And I think I'll have a cookie. And log it.
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Mmmmm.... cookies!!!
  • BeachIron
    Options
    [/quote]

Mmmmm.... cookies!!!
    [/quote]

chewy-chocolate-chip-cookies_zps66f79718.jpg
  • ihad
    Options

you have no idea why I have the picture up that I have...you don't know me or anything about me, or my attitude toward food.

"far gone"?

"consumed"?

please.

A) Time spent calorie counting in a day: 5 minutes

B). Relationship with food: Empowered Delight

C). You are not worthy to comment on her rear end
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options

"far gone"?

"consumed"?

please.

B). Relationship without food: Empowered Delight

Deactivated......how surprising
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Of course it is. If it fits your macros, why not?
    Oh...were you asking permission? Permission granted! Go forth and eat a frickin' cookie! You do not have permission to eat the whole package though.:wink::laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I just joined this site so I could reply to this thread.

That's the best reason to sign up. Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options

Oh look! Another 22 year old who is in love with the French and knows everything about everyone.
    I think she was 19 yesterday...?
  • BeachIron
    Options

I think she was 19 yesterday...?

I"m guessing really about 16 and has no business here
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

"far gone"?

"consumed"?

please.

B). Relationship without food: Empowered Delight

Deactivated......how surprising

jr2TpgG_zps57426632.gif
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Joined for the judgement, stayed for the endorphin rush!
    tumblr_m67os6Sxkd1ry1rm7o1_r1_400.gif
  • wvval
    wvval Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a bit of dark chocolate every day:)