Low Cal Dinner idea that tastes good !!

Options
Since we are all looking for dinner ideas that satisfy and yet are low cal, I thought I would share what I had last night. It was yummy, looked fantastic on the plate and even passed the husband "I'm tired of chicken and want something good" test. He said save this one, we'll have it again. WOW!

This was called "Orange Glazed Chicken" from KraftFoods.com. It was a chicken breast coated in orange marmalade and then coated with Shake & Bake crumbs. Baked for 25 min at 400 F. When this is done, combine 1/4 cup of Kraft Lite Italian dressing and another spoonful of orange marmalade. Pour this dressing over raw washed spinach leaves and toss well. Place the spinach on the plate and put a chicken breast in the center. Garnish with orange slices. (Next time I might use canned manderin oranges and mix in with the spinach salad.)

The plate looks like it should be in a nice restaurant - very appetizing. And tastes great too. Total calories 370 per serving. And talk about EASY, prepare in minutes.

On KraftFoods.com I went through alot of their recipes and searched for under 400 calorie meals. I then created a separate category in the MyRecipeBox and put them all in. Then all I have to do is search here for new and exciting recipes that will keep me on track and satisfy my husband also.
There are a ton of great recipes here - deserts too that won't ruin our diets. I love this website. There are a couple of others also that offer great recipes with the nuitrition info spelled out so you know what you are getting.

Replies

• shar0124
    shar0124 Posts: 21
    Options
    Since we are all looking for dinner ideas that satisfy and yet are low cal, I thought I would share what I had last night. It was yummy, looked fantastic on the plate and even passed the husband "I'm tired of chicken and want something good" test. He said save this one, we'll have it again. WOW!

This was called "Orange Glazed Chicken" from KraftFoods.com. It was a chicken breast coated in orange marmalade and then coated with Shake & Bake crumbs. Baked for 25 min at 400 F. When this is done, combine 1/4 cup of Kraft Lite Italian dressing and another spoonful of orange marmalade. Pour this dressing over raw washed spinach leaves and toss well. Place the spinach on the plate and put a chicken breast in the center. Garnish with orange slices. (Next time I might use canned manderin oranges and mix in with the spinach salad.)

The plate looks like it should be in a nice restaurant - very appetizing. And tastes great too. Total calories 370 per serving. And talk about EASY, prepare in minutes.

On KraftFoods.com I went through alot of their recipes and searched for under 400 calorie meals. I then created a separate category in the MyRecipeBox and put them all in. Then all I have to do is search here for new and exciting recipes that will keep me on track and satisfy my husband also.
    There are a ton of great recipes here - deserts too that won't ruin our diets. I love this website. There are a couple of others also that offer great recipes with the nuitrition info spelled out so you know what you are getting.
  • wtchywmn
    wtchywmn Posts: 193
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. That sounds great. I'm gonna give it a try. I'm looking for some variety myself.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter