A hello from Florida

Options
Hi everyone!

Before you even ask, yes I live near the beach and yes it's hot down here. I don't like the heat.

Eh hem. You can call me Ambyr or Ammi (It's like Tammy without a T, get it?) and this is my billionth time (not really but sort of) trying to get to the weight and fitness level I want to be at. I was doing really well last year up until November of 2012, i'd lost 11 pounds since September of 2012 and was feeling great, even did decent during holidays. I had a piece of metal removed from my foot (stupid me 8 years ago walking around barefoot in my dad's work shop) on November 14, 2012 and I've slowly been putting on the weight ever since. In mid April of this year I started back on my journey. The mornings here were perfect to run my road (A mile down to the end and a mile back to my house) and granted I didn't and still don't run the whole thing, I'd do intervals of running for one minute and walking fast for 3-4 and then repeat.

I've been eating as clean as I can. I fall into temptation like the rest of us do. I've battled with binge eating for years but through therapy and diet I've been managing it for about...2 years now but as I said, I fall into temptation. It's definitely a "lifestyle change" not a "diet" and I know that.

I'm looking for friends. I have some and some of them are great while others don't do much for me. I need support and motivation. I have a very loving boyfriend who pointed out to me that he loves me no matter how big or small or unfit or fit I am, but he's afraid for my health if I keep gaining so I took this to heart and have started to try to get off the fat. Believe it or not I'm fairly strong. I've always been athletic and a very willing person to take a challenge and so although it may not seem like a lot, I can hold a plank for more than 60 seconds (regular plank or a 50 second side plank and 30 seconds of what I call walking planks because I have no idea what they're called to start on your palms and go down to your elbows and back up), I have decent stamina and I've been told my legs kick like a mule (don't know if that's a compliment but yes most of my muscles are in my legs).

Long story short, I just need friends to keep me in line and motivation to continue on even when I feel like I'm never going to get to my goal weight.

Here's le facts:
Height (somebody needs to measure me) I think I'm 5'3 or 5'4, or maybe 5'3.5 LOL
Weight: 157.6
Goal weight: 135, perhaps 130, but definitely 135 (which I haven't been since I was...15)
It's not necessarily just about the weight, if I can just lose the inches of fat. I know I have abs....somewhere under my flabs...

Replies

• cdcooper321
    cdcooper321 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. :)
    Also a fellow Floridian! :)
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    In Florida also, not by the beach, kinda stuck between the coasts!

And yes, its hot here!
  • jessichri
    jessichri Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida! Get your butt to the beach! :P
    You aren't all that far from your goal so at least you are getting ahead of it! Good for you! You can do it!

• innocenceportrayed
    innocenceportrayed Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I live in Florida! Get your butt to the beach! :P
    You aren't all that far from your goal so at least you are getting ahead of it! Good for you! You can do it!

I don't want to go until I get my abs back lol or at least my thunder thighs are gone. However, we are going to adventure island soon. Hopefully I'll have lost a few inches by then (I'm doing 30 day shred now)
  • Karen918
    Karen918 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Central Florida here. You can add me if you want and anyone else.

Eating low carb and it seems to be working.
  • Karen918
    Karen918 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    In Florida also, not by the beach, kinda stuck between the coasts!

And yes, its hot here!

Hello, Neighbor! Small World.
  • oChristyo
    oChristyo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too. I am trying to lose my thunder thighs and get some form of abs back after baby #4. I am in the Tampa area. :)
  • FitFunFabulousNicole
    FitFunFabulousNicole Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am from Florida (born and raised) but moved to Alberta Canada almost 4 years ago - CRAZY! Can you believe 4 years ago I never seen snow before and now look at me, I went from one extreme to another. Add me and I will cheer you on your way to wearing your bikini at the Florida beaches! hehe
  • Dacia327
    Dacia327 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You can add me too, I'm on the Space Coast. We went to the this evening :)
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    Hi!! I am from Florida (born and raised) but moved to Alberta Canada almost 4 years ago - CRAZY! Can you believe 4 years ago I never seen snow before and now look at me, I went from one extreme to another. Add me and I will cheer you on your way to wearing your bikini at the Florida beaches! hehe

It's amazing how many floridians have never seen snow!
    I was born here but grew up in Iowa and I'd trade FL for IA any day and people down here think I'm crazy, but I personally have like 2 friends down here and the rest of the people are rude, snotty and stuck up. =/ I'll take snow over A**holes anyday.

I LOVE Canada though, like Iowa, they have seasons! You can watch the leaves change and drink hot coco next to a fireplace, I miss that. Enjoy it for me.
  • CrazyAnimalLady
    CrazyAnimalLady Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm here in South Florida too on the East Coast. Feel free to add me :)
  • lifesigns64
    lifesigns64 Posts: 110
    Options
    I lived in sw Florida for 20 years n r headed back their soon.... I'm on everyday and am also looking for motivating friends.
  • imthelobster
    imthelobster Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm in Orlando, feel free to add me. :)
  • Kagemori
    Kagemori Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Floridian!! Isnt the heat and humidity of our lovely stay a dream to live in?
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    I'm in Orlando, feel free to add me. :)

I love Orlando (I'm about 1 hour 15 minutes from downtown Orlando, I'm closer to Tampa) and go as often as I can!
  • shascallreyes89
    Options
    Wow, lots of Floridians here!

I'm from good ol' Michigan, the Upper Peninsula actually. I too, am getting back on the motivation horse and trying to work out a lot more. I fell off the wagon back in November, because school and work just got wayyyy too stressful to deal with... At that point I had hit my -70 lb mark (after having my first baby) and then over the last 7 months,I only put on 8 lbs, which isn't bad considering, but I really want to get back down to a good manageable weight, not to mention, be a lot healthier of course!

When I go visit my husband and daughter in July, I would LOVE to lose 20 lbs by then, but I realize that's quite a lot so, if I could start with 10 and really work on toning everything all over!

Best of wishes to you!
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    Welcome fellow Floridian!! Isnt the heat and humidity of our lovely stay a dream to live in?

I know the whole phrase "If you look cute at the end of your workout you didn't train hard enough..." well that'd be 5 minutes into a workout if you're working outside in FL. -__- I HATE the hot weather and humidity. My hair is thick and curly and so I turn into a freakin' poodle if I wash my hair and go outside. I get these horrible "heat rash" bumps in the summer from too much heat exposure (nothing to do with sunscreen, it's genetic) and they're red and itchy and look horrible.

Did I mention I hate Florida? I like the beach because the breeze off the water keeps you fairly cool, but BLEHHHHHHH everything else.
  • dgillum72
    dgillum72 Posts: 8
    Options
    Florida by the beach also, Bradenton.
  • innocenceportrayed
    Options
    Wow, lots of Floridians here!

I'm from good ol' Michigan, the Upper Peninsula actually. I too, am getting back on the motivation horse and trying to work out a lot more. I fell off the wagon back in November, because school and work just got wayyyy too stressful to deal with... At that point I had hit my -70 lb mark (after having my first baby) and then over the last 7 months,I only put on 8 lbs, which isn't bad considering, but I really want to get back down to a good manageable weight, not to mention, be a lot healthier of course!

When I go visit my husband and daughter in July, I would LOVE to lose 20 lbs by then, but I realize that's quite a lot so, if I could start with 10 and really work on toning everything all over!

Best of wishes to you!

20 pounds by July is do-able! You CAN do it. Just work hard and eat right. You'll get there! And I totally know the stress from school and work. I'll be graduating with my BS in Psychology next spring and going straight into my masters next fall all while taking care of my great grandparents who I live with and trying to work and be independent. Maybe not the same as having a husband and kid, but it's close!
  • sherrylynn56
    Options
    You can add me if you want .I live in Meridian Idaho .