I am new and need help

Options
Hi everyone. My name is Alex. I have a 4 letter word that has been a problem most of my life. It is FOOD. I love it so much I want to eat all of it. I also have no motivation.

I am so embarrassed by my weight that I will not show a current profile picture of me.

I am looking for friends that can help motivate me and help me feel better about myself.

I currently weigh around 275 and my ideal weight is about 190,

Thanks everyone Please friend me.

Replies

• ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi Alex. Everyone has to start somewhere. I started at 273 and have lost 20 lbs so far. My ideal weight is 130 because I'm 5'8 so that would be good for my frame. I posted pics even at 273 because it doesn't bother me much, mostly because I hide my weight well, very evenly distributed. Anyway, adding you now. We can support each other. Any others who post in here who would like to add me can as well. We all need support in these long journeys!
  • MzNikiDaDancingQueen
    MzNikiDaDancingQueen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Lol Alex your funny, I think everyone has that problem with food. Most just won't admit it. So I applaud you on that. What ppl don't understand bout weight loss is that you can pretty much eat what you want but you just need to eat it in moderation, n also burn more or half the calories you've eaten for that day. Never should you be Embarrassed of who you are weiggt wise or not. You've taken the first step in becoming a better you. I started off at 221 last year n got down to 200 then gained the weight back cuz I oost the motivation but then I stsrted again back in April n Im now at 208. Ppl think Oh that's not alot of weight to start at but with me it was huge. I've danced all my life so naturally I was small 155 but after I stopped n focused on school I gained 70+ lvs in 3 years. If you keep to your goal n with a new team member on your side you can lose this weight n be proud to show off that new new.

I'm here to help so if ya need any words of encouragement I'm here for ya so please anyone feel free to add me.
  • thedanielle3000
    Options
    Hi Alex,
    Here I am if you need a friend:)
  • HappyWifeBeth
    HappyWifeBeth Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. My name is Alex. I have a 4 letter word that has been a problem most of my life. It is FOOD. I love it so much I want to eat all of it. I also have no motivation.

I am so embarrassed by my weight that I will not show a current profile picture of me.

I am looking for friends that can help motivate me and help me feel better about myself.

I currently weigh around 275 and my ideal weight is about 190,

Thanks everyone Please friend me.

I understand about posting current pictures. I'm always impressed by the people that aren't embarrassed to show their whole bodies, but that just isn't me. The way I feel about my weight is very personal, and it was a seriously huge thing for me to post my stats on the 'find your twin' board.

I think your ideal weight is perfect and you can do it! Sending you a friend request :)
  • helpagirlout
    helpagirlout Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm the same Alex, starting fresh and will put up a pic when I'm happy to. Added.
  • royvor
    royvor Posts: 271
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP. Congrats on choosing to get healthy so you can get back to a happier state of mind. A friend request has been sent. Don't worry you are capable. The first step is to want it and then to add in changes to your eating and make new habits by replacing the old ones. The process will not be easy but it will be worth it.
    I am Yvette and I am 24 yrs old.
    I have battled being obese all my life too because of my love of food and because of other reasons. I have always been losing weight and gaining it right back too. I started at 227lbs and my current weight is 166 lbs. I am striving to meet my goal and be 150 lbs. I need to lose the last 16 lbs of my weight, but I know that I have to continue this lifestyle forever if I don't want to ever return to the old me. I am on here a lot to keep myself motivated and give support and encourgement. Lets encourage and help one another on this weightloss and fitness journey to a healthier us.
    We can do this because anything in life worth having is worth fighting for. We have to fight for it, it will not be handed to us.
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    Thank you everyone who added me. I am so pumped up and ready to shed some pounds.

You all are so motivational and I see clearly now that I am not the only one.

Anyone else feel free to add me. I will take all friends both large and small.
  • cassylee
    cassylee Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Alex,

Feeling bad about your weight is a waste of energy that doesn't burn calories. :laugh:

Start thinking this is a new day and what will I acheive today. Start small, ask many questions, look at forums and you will find what works for you. We are here to help and support each other.

Any one can add me as well.

Cassylee :flowerforyou:
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    Thanks everyone who sent me an invite. I am still open to have more friends.

Also I did Power 90 for the first time today and I burned over 500 calories. That is good for me. I feel like I accomplished something today.

Thanks eveyone.
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone who sent me an invite. I am still open to have more friends.

Also I did Power 90 for the first time today and I burned over 500 calories. That is good for me. I feel like I accomplished something today.

Thanks eveyone.

Way to go Alex. Awesome job on taking that first step and finishing your workout. Keep it up!!!!
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I applaud you for being here first off. The first and hardest step is admitting you have a problem. By taking the step to tackle it you're doing better than most already. I feel you on the love of food. I love it more now that I eat less of it if that makes any sense. It's quality over quantity now. I didn't cut anything out, just ate less of it. I reached my goal weight on Friday morning so I'm here to help in any way I can :) If I can do it anyone can (cliche but true.)
  • GEW666
    GEW666 Posts: 8
    Options
    The first and hardest step is admitting you have a problem. By taking the step to tackle it you're doing better than most already.

So true, that's how my reformed gay cousin fixed himself.
  • JustME1611
    JustME1611 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You are in the right place. There is lots of support and so many stories that match yours. It is a new life style that you have to start and it is hard. There are good days and bad days, just take them as they come and focus on your goal. You can do it! Add me if you want.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    u can friend me
    i was embarrassed when i first got weighed at my sisters . embarrased for her to see my weight
    thats was 4 months ago.. i am 2 4 pounds lighter and lost two inches off my w aistt
    i can do it and so can u
    sensd me a friends request if u want
  • chu604
    chu604 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yo alex

We all gotta start somewhere man!
    you are already on the right path by realizing you need to make a change

feel free to add me
    Ive gone through a transformation myself (240-176)

Cheers
  • CrysArri
    CrysArri Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Don't ever be ashamed of who you are, Alex. Everything that truly matters is in your heart. I'd rather be a loving overweight woman than a skinny brat.

But you can do this! All of us have to start somewhere in our journeys, and we're all here to support each other without judgment. Don't be discouraged either. This is a lifestyle change, and it's going to take time. We're all here for you!
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    I am down 3 pounds now. Thanks everyone for the motivation. Thanks also to my Coach TeamRyan90. The numbers are going down for once. Awesome.

I am still looking for friends. Please add.
  • kelly3779
    kelly3779 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Alex is this perfect place to not worry about where you are at, we all are here because we started someplace that we didn't want to be. Just focus on where you are going. If you need some support along the way feel free to add me. :)
    -K
  • alexsandstrom1982
    Options
    I am still looking for more friends who are as motivated as me. When I am not in a motivated mood it would be great to get each other going. I am doing great so far. Feel free to add me.
  • sarkazm
    sarkazm Posts: 104
    Options
    Alex, you chose a good place to start. I started out a little heavier than you. Having friends to motivate you is always good. You can do this. The more weight I loose the more i realize its all about eating smarter (and less) and moving more.

Please feel free to add me... That goes for anyone who wants to provide mutual support. Please leave a message with you FR Though.