Will I lose Weight Fasting?

Options
2»

Replies

• kusterer
    kusterer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My Muslim friends find it easier to lose weight during Ramadan, but it doesn't happen automatically. If your family eats every sundown like it's Eid ul-Fitr (the end-of-Ramadan celebration), then you won't. By the way, Ramadan is an "intermittent fast," one that hundreds of millions of people have been doing for a very long time.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a plan and I find this topic intriguing and really a great change of pace!! I think its about my favorite thread of the day. Thank you so much and Good luck. Unfortunately I'm reporting this thread for being diversive and going against mpf rules for discussing a religious topic.
    It would be very interesting to see how your calorie intake during the night times hours does impact you.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    All Muslims are thin at the end of Ramadan. ALL MUSLIMS.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming she's talking about ramadan since that is in July this year.

Rules...

No food, drink, anything from sun up until sun down.

^ This. The OP is still allowed to eat. It honestly sounds like intermittent fasting to me (though obviously for religious reasons) and yes, it can make it easier to lose weight but then again, you could still eat just as much. It's up to you, OP.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a plan and I find this topic intriguing and really a great change of pace!! I think its about my favorite thread of the day. Thank you so much and Good luck. Unfortunately I'm reporting this thread for being diversive and going against mpf rules for discussing a religious topic.
    It would be very interesting to see how your calorie intake during the night times hours does impact you.

That seems awfully petty and d*ckish
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options

That seems awfully petty and d*ckish

I hope the mods do NOT do anything with this report....the post wasn't made to discuss religion. The OP didn't even specify until it was brought out later in the posts. This thread was NOT intended to discuss a religious principle or action. She asked about weightloss due to a fast.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    of course she would report this ..just look at her pics!!! runnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • rudifunk
    rudifunk Posts: 1
    Options
    I'd assume you would lose weight from fasting I have lost a few good pounds using Intermittent fasting personally.
  • MattN1972
    MattN1972 Posts: 117
    Options
    Is the "N" on your keyboard broken?
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options

WTF is your problem?
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting using the ESE method (24 hours twice a week). Losing weight from fasting alone depends on how many calories you are eating before and after the fast. My fasts are usually from noon to noon. I could eat 3,000 calories before/after and easily GAIN weight...lol. It still comes down to calories eaten VS. calories expended. As long as you stay within your MFP calorie goals, you will lose weight. Fasting may or may not help that. What's important is to try to eat enough when you aren't fasting. You definitely don't want to starve yourself.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    If your two meals a day put you under your maintenance calories then yes.
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    yes
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Hi. Im gonna be fasting for a whole moth for religious reasons is July. I have to do this so I might as well ask,
    will i lose weight like Will get skinner? I dont care about water weight. And if im fasting for a month ow much will I lose.

:noway: :noway: :noway:
    You look like your thin enough.
    I mean your tiny.
    What is your motivation w/all these topics your posting?
  • Skieblueshllgdwn
    Skieblueshllgdwn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Seriously, what religion calls for this type of penance?
  • LittleMsEva
    LittleMsEva Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I think you need immediate medical attention. Something wrong with your brain. Leave.
  • LittleMsEva
    LittleMsEva Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I would suggest you stick to the original post and not bash my religion. K thanks.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

I would suggest you stick to the original post and not bash my religion. K thanks.

Questioning DOES NOT equal bashing. Just sayin
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    truth^^^^
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

Questioning DOES NOT equal bashing. Just sayin

Her word choice clearly does. Penance, go Google the definition, i don't expect you to know what it means. =)
    Regardless, I won't further comment on this. I can't force you to be right.

I know what penance means. I don't know why you're being rude to me when I was only explaining that questioning something doesn't mean bashing.