What to do at Gym?

hi,

I just joined a gym and was not previously very active. I was wondering if you all could give tips on how to go about making a workout schedule? I usually just go on the elliptical or treadmill, or attend a zumba class. Those are the things I enjoy but what else should I be doing and how should I space it out? I am about 70lbs overweight.

any advice would be most appreciated!

Replies

• Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    most gyms have a circuit set up... you could go through each of the machines and do 3 sets of 5 reps on each machine to gauge how heavy you should be going... have a rest of cardio day between each circuit/

most gyms offer at least an orientation to get you familiar with how to use the equipment safely, some offer an introductory training session... it might be worth your while to have a trainer set up a program for you
  • chocaholicdc
    chocaholicdc Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    read the book new rules of lifting for women. it will answer 98% of your questions about how to get into shape

edited because spell check hates me
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    read the book new rules of lifting for women. it will also 98% of your questions about how to get into shape
    ^^^ this for exercise.

For fun, anytime you see someone curling in the squat rack, go to them, smile and say "Nice legs, bro".
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    read the book new rules of lifting for women. it will also 98% of your questions about how to get into shape
    ^^^ this for exercise.

For fun, anytime you see someone curling in the squat rack, go to them, smile and say "Nice legs, bro".

Damnit girl...I spit out a little of my water. :laugh: