Help needed! Pls look at my scooby sheet!

Options
jakkisr
jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
Been here 5 weeks and probably need to adjust my goals so I filled in my scooby sheet and its set me a totally unrealistic ideal weight of 103lbs - the absolute minimum I want to get to is 123lbs which might even be too low for me at my age and size (peri menopause .. I need some fat on me to maintain oestrogen naturally - I plan to manage the next few years naturally without any drugs).

So, could someone have a look at my scooby sheet and see if I've made a glaring error somewhere that I just can't see, please? Thank you :)

https://docs.google.com/a/teams.leedsmet.ac.uk/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AoeCmLLIrMssdGtMOXBELVIxZkpMdlVFWDM1ZG5IOVE

Replies

• jakkisr
    Options
    Anyone? :)
  • MeeraAnnT
    MeeraAnnT Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi there, i dont really know much but just wanted to check it out...it says you have a lean body mass of 100.5 pounds...doesn't that generally stay the same and your fat percentage decrease? in that case it would seem ridiculously low to say that your goal weight should be 103 pounds?!? meaning you would have only 3 pounds of fat?

something isnt right there...i hope someone else takes a look too, because as I said before I don't really know very much when it comes to this stuff.....but you should probably just concentrate on decreasing your fat percentage and not take their goal weight seriously...

hope that helps (probably doesnt) :P
  • jakkisr
    Options
    Thanks meera :) that's what I thought too (and similarly lacking in experience of scooby!) anyone else care to look? :)
  • boberrymom
    boberrymom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I agree with Meera. I believe it is the fat that has to decrease since the lean body mass is your skin, bones and veins and stuff.
    I don't have experience with scooby either however the theory is the same in terms of weight loss i think.

Are you sure that your amount of minutes each week is accurate.....also does this include the item right below it? Shouldn't those be combined?
    Hope this helps. :)
  • RockandRoseRebel
    RockandRoseRebel Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I plugged the numbers in your chart (134lbs, 27.9% body fat) into http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/ with a goal body fat of 23% and it said your goal weight should be 126 lbs.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've got a facebook group for to help with accountability and motivation. I have been posting on MFP for 285 days straight and the FB group is coming together very well. I post workouts and daily motivationals along with tips challenges to keep you going. If you are interested just IM me and I'll let you know how to get in.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Take you lean body mass of 100.5lbs and divide by (1 minus the body fat you'd like to be).

IE. say you want to be 20% body fat

Then it's 100.5 / (1- .20) or .80

That equals 125.6. So to be at 20% body fat your target weight is 125.6lbs.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    This is an IPOARM worksheet - it may be easier to ask the questions in that group. Or PM heybales as he developed it. He is very helpful.
  • jakkisr
    Options
    Thank you everyone :) this makes so much more sense now! :)