What would happen if u let yourself go....

Options

Replies

• LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Sour gummy worms. So many sour gummy worms.

Mmmmm... I love them so much. Until they erode the entire inside of your mouth. :laugh:
  • bbl2013t
    bbl2013t Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    already have! nothing bad happened i gained lots of weight mostly from quitting smoking and i don't have to get all dressed up to go outside.
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    I would probably be sick. I can't hang with food the way that I used to.
  • LovinDaNewLiz14
    LovinDaNewLiz14 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    nothing I know my body now..I know what I can and can not do, so I do not worry about that at all...
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    People say to me all the time your always on a diet and my answer is IF I DID NOT WATCH WHAT I EAT I WOULD A OBESE PERSON BECAUSE I HAVE AN APPETITE OF A HORSE. All my life I have had huge appetite but the most I have ever weighed is 165, I am 5'2' tall so I will never let myself go, because I know how hard it is to take weight off especially now that I am 59 metabolism not what it once was.

I know exactly what you mean! I'm 5'2" as well but only 25. This is the 2nd time in my life I've had to lose weight. The first was at uni when I was 19 and I was 140lbs and got back down to 119. This time I ended up at 147 and I'm now 125 working towards 119.
    It's so hard being short because even the smallest amount of extra weight can make you look or be overweight.
    Maintenance is going to be a permanent for me. I never want to be overweight again!
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I gained 25 lbs in 3 months, I gained 3 lbs in 1 week before. I'd probably be obese now if I didn't stop.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    I was there in December (2012) and I won't ever be there again!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    I gained 22kgs! Over a span of a few years. Kids didn't help. Yes, I will blame the offspring :bigsmile:
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I got up to 360 pounds.... and that was with still exercising SOME restraint believe it or not! If I had just completely given in, I could be 500+ pounds.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I eat how I want and exercise how I want ,so probably the same.
  • sozisraw
    sozisraw Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    ha ha did that a couple of years ago, got to about 178lb at 5ft 3,
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I already know what would happen if I let myself go. That's how I ended up here in the first place.
  • CashierCantin
    CashierCantin Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I did that last year. I lost 24 pounds, had nasal surgery, decided to go 'off' my portioned meals and go a little crazy because ya know, I deserved it for going through surgery. 6 months later I gained the 24 pounds, felt bloated all the time and gained another 10 on top of the 24 I originally lost.

Now I'm back at it, going to the gym (first time ever) and really watching my portion sizes. The weight isn't coming off as fast as I like but I feel in control and feel what I am now putting into my body is what it needs, not what my taste buds like!

I dont suggest going 'off''...its so freakin hard to get back. Stupid yummy food!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    I was a fat teenager...I never want to be a fat oldie so the chances of me letting myself go are remote.
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'd ever let myself get back to where I was...

I'm 5'2" and had a SW of 141 lbs. I'm uncomfortable mentioning my CW, but suffice to say I've lost a lot, and I'm more or less happy where I am.

But that being said, I've been training for a marathon - and not just to finish. I'm actually planning to post what I consider a reasonable time. So it's meant fairly extreme training. And at the end of the year I am also planning on hiking to Everest Base Camp..

So with both of those things in mind, you need to understand that my exercise regime has been a bit OTT. I think at the end of the year I will likely let up a bit and put on a few pounds because I don't think I can keep up this amount of training indefinitely. I could when I was in my 20's, but now I'm about to turn 33. My body can't cope with this amount of hardcore training forever.
  • Xiaolongbao
    Xiaolongbao Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I've accepted that I'm a fat person. Currently in a thin body but still a fat person.

Just like a non-drinking alcoholic is still an alcoholic.

If I ate whatever I want (even if I kept up all the exercise) I'd be back to having a fat body to match my inner fat person. The sad thing is I generally don't even want to eat junk. I'd get fat eating healthy food.
  • heatherlee33
    heatherlee33 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I wish I was one of those people who could say..I don't know, I will never do that. But I am not. I fight a daily battle with my inner fat girl. So...If I did whatever I wanted, 165 of soft, soft, squishy, cellulite. And to add insult to injury...all my friends that used to be skinnier than me, that I am know smaller than, would be singing in the streets! With friends like that right? And my work, where there are 30 guys, I'm pretty sure they would value me less. Sad as it is, I think that is true.
  • anne2605
    anne2605 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    If you ate what you wanted and exercised as much or as little as you wanted, what would happen? I could easily balloon from 200lb to 250lb in a month!!! What about you?

If I let myself go, I know I'd put weight right back on and it would happen so gradually, I wouldn't even notice.

Approx 8 years ago I attended Rosemary Conley classes and lost 28 pounds and got to a weight of 145lb. For me, this was still too heavy as I wanted to get to the weight I'd been 8 years previous of 133lb. I accepted that 145lb was the best I could achieve and convinced myself I could manage all by myself, so stopped attending the classes. Well, needless to say, over the next 8 years I just put all (and more) of the weight I'd lost back on. I just didn't monitor my food or exercise and I got back in to really bad habits with food (mainly chocolate). I also tried to justify my weight gain by telling myself "it's not a bad gain over 8 years"! Stupid thinking, 'cause what would I be like 8 years from now?

At the beginning of Jan this year I was 182lb, so even heavier than before. I made that conscious decision to take control again and lose the weight. I'm now 142lb and happy to stay around this weight. This will involve careful monitoring of my foods this time and continued exercise but at some point, I may relax a little and stop weighing all my foods. I think what's different this time is I've learnt so much from mfp and I know I'll NEVER lose sight of sticking to a healthy balance diet, with exercise.