Well this is frustrating!

Options
I am looking for some advice. I am extremely frustrated. I gained about 15lbs. from being undiagnosed with hypothyroid for so many years. I am now on synthroid for it and have been on it for about 2 months. My numbers went right up and my anxiety and depression got so much better I got off anti-depressants. (which probably contributed to weight gain as well) I have been off for about 3 weeks.

Well I finally felt well enough to start getting back to the gym. So, for the last 2 weeks I have been weight training, some cardio, I totally cut out gluten, I went on a low carb diet for a bit just to get those lbs. off that I gained, I am counting my calories and working SOOO hard. I GAINED 2 lbs!! It is not muscle either, my stomach is huge. I am a small person and I look 6 months pregnant.

Any advice? I have been in the gym all my life. I know what I am doing and I have always toned up and lost weight with no problem. I am just not losing it at all now. :(

Replies

• 61keys
    61keys Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    When you went gluten free, did you use any gf substitutes? Many are higher in fat and sugar. Plus, some of the ingredients can cause bloating. I would start there.
  • chrissys74
    chrissys74 Posts: 31
    Options
    Nope. I also forgot to add that I cut out sugar as well. I eat nothing but organic chicken, grass fed beef, beans, sunbutter, fruits, veggies, I eat ZERO processed foods. I cook everything from scratch and for on the go snacks I eat Trader Joes turkey jerky, greek yogurt, and protein shakes.
    I feel very, very bloated and can't figure out why. I drink tons of water and even take dandelion root for a natural diuretic because I feel like I am just retaining water.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Water weight from the exercise.

It'll go.
  • chrissys74
    chrissys74 Posts: 31
    Options
    How do I get rid of it??
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    How do I get rid of it??

Drink plenty and patience
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Beans and some veggies can cause lots of bloating. Could it be this? Although that wouldn't explain the lack of weight loss. How many cals do you net? Do you measure your food? Eyeballing can be way off.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    dairy can cause some to bloat too. i look 4-5 month pregnant some days and i still haven't figured out what it is b/c i can eat something one day and be fine and then the next bloat.... i also have hypothyroidism and it is hard to lose it.
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    +1 for give it more time & keep doing what you're doing