Another brick in the wall

Options
lvbor
lvbor Posts: 50 Member
I'm using the imagery of house bricks as motivation--an average brick weighs 2.75kg, and I'm aiming to lose weight at around half a kilo a week, which seems to be the rate medicos generally agree is sustainable and has fewer side-effects than more rapid loss. So every 5-6 weeks I will have lost another "brick", which is a pretty good interval for a mini-celebration.

I lost a little over two bricks before starting MFP, but on my ticker am just moving bricks from right to left based on progress since joining the site.

Anyway, today I put another brick behind me. Yay :)

Replies

• lvbor
    lvbor Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    PS: For the record, I didn't actually start using MFP until almost a year after my official joining date. So it hasn't taken 14 months to get this far!
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What a great way to look at your weight loss! I know it helps to have something to equate your weigh loss to...as an incentive.

I found setting up a jar with marbles (each one = 1 lb) and moving them to another jar as I lost helped visually, especially since I set the jars on top of my refrigerator! At this point I can honestly say, "I've lost all my marbles...and then some!" Makes me smile and keep on track when I see that "Lost Pounds" jar!

Keep on tearing down that brick wall, one brick at a time!
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    WOOHOO!
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Great way to track your progress! Congrats and best of luck!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!