Ambitious Newbie

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Heather, and until recently I've lived a very.... lazy life style. Sitting on the computer all day, eating out a lot, eating lots of sweets (I would kill for a cake some days... Well not literally.... but... mmm cake...)

And I kept gaining weight, and gaining weight! I went from 160, to 230!

This year I decided that something had to change before I wound up a big ol' beach ball. Soooo... I got this app, and a few others, and I started to watch what I eat more (Like there's HOW many calories in a whopper? Oh how I weep...), and I signed up for Warrior Dash.

...What was I THINKING?

So I'm looking for other people to kind of get the peer-pressure going in a positive direction.

Replies

• FussyFruitbat
    FussyFruitbat Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome Heather! Feel free to add me- we're about the same weight.

Good luck. It's not easy.
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I understand where you're coming from. Coming out of high school and looking my best I was 165 170 and thin with nice curves, now after having my son and let myself eat whenever I got up to 285. I'm finally getting serious and seriously watching what I'm doing. If you'd like add me. I try my best to log everyday, and getting back to logging my food and water
  • pldmi
    pldmi Posts: 9
    Options
    Heather just remember slow weight loss is a good thing. 2 lbs a week is what they recommend to keep it off. First week you did great. Just keep working on it and somedays you have to actually force yourself to workout some. I know probably 4 out of 5 times I don't want to and I am like yes you are and force myself to get off my lazy butt and actually walk or do something that counts as some sort of movement.
  • MsQuacklady
    MsQuacklady Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Heather !!! Welcome aboard !
  • shadowfirekitty
    shadowfirekitty Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • slender20
    slender20 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have added you.