20 Pounds Woo Hoo!

Options
257_Lag
257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
My victory is in my ticker. My first 20 pounds! It might not be a lot but they are mine, ALL MINE :bigsmile:

I'm going to enjoy this mini victory all day because I have to attend a banquet tonight that is going to kill me for a few days. There is not a single thing being served that I would "choose" to eat. Pennsylvania Dutch style cooking means heavy with tons of salt and butter on everything. Oh well, I will call it me celebration meal, take my scale licks for a few days and push on.

Replies

• cindylindey
    cindylindey Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't know who you are or how much weight you have to lose but....20 pounds is HUGE! Congrats!
  • WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My victory is in my ticker. My first 20 pounds! It might not be a lot but they are mine, ALL MINE :bigsmile:

Actually, they're not your pounds anymore! Way to go!
  • Kifissia
    Kifissia Posts: 136
    Options
    Agree, 20 lbs is huge! Enjoy your banquet today. :)
  • papillon71
    papillon71 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Well done! Awesome!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss, enjoy your evening and just have fun!

Cheers:drinker:
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Having just gone past the 40 mark this morning I know exactly how you feel. Celebrate and enjoy, it is a very real victory. In fact I responded to a post this morning of someone who was thrilled to lose their first 4 lbs. We're all at different stages, but it's great to feel you are making progress, and I don't know about you, but I felt a damn sight healthier when the first 20 lbs came off, and I have a lot more to lose than you. Keep up the good work and congratulations!
  • sukifr
    sukifr Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well done!! That's a great achievement - be proud of yourself, I am!! :smile:
  • fallyally12
    Options
    Well-Done.Enjoy-your-meal...:-)
  • snowmanluv
    snowmanluv Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great job! I would be woo hoo too! By the time you have reached this goal, you have worked hard at keeping track. Great job.
  • Catlady87
    Catlady87 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    20lbs is a big deal! You have every right to be proud of yourself.

I'm more in quiet shock at my 22lbs. We're having a Euovision party tonight so I know what you mean.
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    You gotta lose 20 to get to 30. Super Job. Keep it going strong brother.
  • judith1uk
    judith1uk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    well done :smile:
    enjoy your meal this evening
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    Way to GO!!! Enjoy your meal. Eat small portions. Part of this whole weight loss journey is learning to deal with such life events. There will be banquets and weddings and birthday parties. I'm not going to be THAT person, the one who says, "I can't eat this." So I choose carefully, taking small portions. Sampling and being satisfied. This has worked for me. I have enough way under caloric days to be able to have a bit of a splurge now and then.
  • 257_Lag
    Options
    Thanks everyone. 45 year old male. Started at 255 on January 24th after returning from a vacation where my clothes were uncomfortably tight. I've been working towards a sustainable loss and so far so good!
  • adenium11
    adenium11 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    WOOT!! Good job!! Its amazing how much 20 lbs can change a person as well. Keep up the good work!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yay! I can tell by your post how amazing you feel!
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

I'm going to enjoy this mini victory all day because I have to attend a banquet tonight that is going to kill me for a few days. There is not a single thing being served that I would "choose" to eat. Pennsylvania Dutch style cooking means heavy with tons of salt and butter on everything. Oh well, I will call it me celebration meal, take my scale licks for a few days and push on.

Congratulations!:flowerforyou:

20 pounds is a huge victory; and as one other person said earlier....those 20 pounds are NOT your's anymore ... so yeah you!

As far as tonight, although the food being served is not your choice ... and good for you to recongize this fact (so a 2nd victory in one day!) eat smaller portion and enjoy your evening. :wink:
  • 257_Lag
    Options
    I drank a lot of water before going and more when I got there. Then I passed on the fruit cup in syrup, the noodles, the potatoes, the pie and the ice cream.I had a small amount of cole slaw, two ham balls, a very sizable portion of roast beef and a huge portion of green beans.

I logged it at 1140 as accurately as I could but just for fun I also logged if I had a regular portion of everything and it would have been about 1900.

This isn't the first time I intended to say the heck with it for one meal but when it came down to it I made smarter choices and kept it reasonable. I can only thank MFP and all you cool people for this state of mind!

I now have 3 calories left. What can I eat for 3 calories? Anyone?

(jkjk, I might hit the treadmill for a short time just for anyhow)
  • amariecarr
    amariecarr Posts: 16
    Options
    You're almost halfway there!!
  • kittpitt
    kittpitt Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Excellent loss! Excellent decisions! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!