CRAVING COOKIES AND NO CALORIES LEFT ARGGHH

Options
Sid1988
Sid1988 Posts: 170 Member
Yes, exactly what the post says.

Although I have done 1 hour of walking today and 50 minute body pump class (I don't log my exercise) and have done an exercise class every day this week and have eaten extremely clean.

Can I have one? Or two? Or ten?

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You got 90 calories..depends which brand you eat.
  • 8snowwhite8
    8snowwhite8 Posts: 14
    Options
    How about a quick workout and then eat back the calories in the cookies if need be? You might not even want them by the time you've finished the workout. :)
  • runlilyrun
    runlilyrun Posts: 140
    Options
    Googling reckons a body pump class burns around 350 calories depending on your stats... it depends what you mean by 'cookie' though - if you mean what I call a biscuit I'd have three of them - a cadbury's shortcake one is 85 cals for context. If you have jaffa cakes you can have a couple more ;)
  • jcramer1227
    jcramer1227 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You must have das cookie!!!! But seriously, just have a cookie. It's fine. Unless you plan on eating a family pack of oreos, I doubt one cookie will mess up your mojo.
  • TashaUCanDoIt
    TashaUCanDoIt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    since you don't log your workouts (I don't either) it's ok to indulge in a serving size! It makes me feel better knowing that I stopped at 1 serving size! ;)

Eat the cookie today,
    Or binge later...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I don't see that you entered your cardio. MFP is designed so that you eat back your exercise calories, so enter your cadio and have a couple of cookies. No big deal.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Or binge later...

That's not exactly encouraging? :huh:
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Maybe have half a cookie do a 30 minute work out and have the other half of the cookie? if you do 10 minutes of running thats almost 100 calories :). Since you've already worked out though its ok to indulge you need to break the barrier every now and then. Just know you won't make a habbit of it.
  • LisaMarie8713
    LisaMarie8713 Posts: 310
    Options

Eat the cookie today,
    Or binge later...

^^^^this!!!
  • AlexThreeClaw
    AlexThreeClaw Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I say have a couple of cookies. If you haven't been logging any of your exercise then you've more than earned them already, I reckon you should think about logging some of it so that your "daily calorie allowance" is more accurate.
  • CeriGrindrod
    CeriGrindrod Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    instead of going outside to do a workout .. kepp your television on google a paper format workout, do that, have a glass of water then enjoy that cookie :)

- you shouldn't have to justify a small treat tho x
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    The cookie WANTS you to eat it.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    One of the best reasons to log "exercise calories", even if you have no intention of "eating them back", is that it will show you when you have hard craving times that you "can" have a little and not really go over your goal.

Exercise creates a bigger deficit than your normal deficit, so in essence, you won't be over...you will still be in your deficit.

Alot of people don't track exercise and end up binge eating, because their body starts to tell them "Hey, I'm not really getting enough fo what we're doing"...they tend to go way overboard when that happens, because they try to ignore it until it is a rampaging beast they cannot control.

Log your exercise, that way you know what your true daily deficit is.
  • 7L551
    7L551 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ok, so here how I eat/workout and I lost 4 kg in 4 visits to the gym (8 days) and I still eat sugars
    Fist you need to understand that you need to control your argues, YOU CAN STILL EAT, but make sure to increase the exercises or decrease your food input in another sugary/fatty places.

My usual plans is that I really try to shut my mouth for the whole day except 2 times. Lunch which is around 2-4 PM (I eat my normal Arabic food) which usually consist of homemade veg/green mixed with some decent amount of meat or chicken ingredients + a side (half of the other plate) of white/brown rice. And at night, I eat a big plate of Salad or/and (white/whole wheat bread) sandwich of Thyme (Za'atar) with Oil which BTW is amazing and fills you up good [Also uncooked Olive Oil is really good for burning fat]

If you are not sure where to find Za'atar try Arabic groceries. BTW it is cheap and most importantly very healthy.

But again keep in mind that I still eat sugary candies almost every 2 days NOT FAT THOUGH.

What I do is that I go to the Gym, workout as following:
    Cardio (Elliptical machine on level 10-14) for 30 minutes which burns around 350 cals.
    Then I do weight machines for the day (3 days plan).
    After all of that I go back to the Elliptical machine and another 30 mins which again burns around 350 cals.

This whole trip takes me around 3 hours.

SO To answer your question, Cookies have a lot of fats 10g (5 g saturated) [220 cals per piece!] which is a lot for a small piece of food.
    If you are really really craving for a cookie, then you should do the following:
    1) cut your input on other foods that contain fats
    2) Do more exercise (If you don't then start working out, at least walk for 15 min daily)
    3) create your own cookies out of more "healthy" ingredients such as brown sugar, low fat butter and so on.
    4) this is a method I use. I used to crave on lots of saturated fat food as well, but I found this method that might work for you.
    Whenever I feel the urge to eat something sweet, I give it atleast 2 days then I go the store and buy a low calories Sugars only candy such as Fun Dip (50 cals for the packet) KEEP IN MIND, Sugars are also bad, but they are in a way better than fat since they burn faster than fats, (I usually save each packet for a day).
    5) stay away from coke and even Juice (they contain lots of sugars per cup Even worse than my Fun Dip :P)
    5A) If you really really want something to drink go with Coke Zero or Pepsi max (but just every while and then)

hopefully I did not forget anything else :P
    Best wishes and good luck with your journey in losing weight :)
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Eat the cookie today,
    Or binge later...

Agreed.