having a bad day!!!

Options
I feel so bad and i've really let myself down today!! had some bad news and let it get the better of me! and now i feel even worse as i have gone over my cals for today and haven't even exercised. I feel like i was doing so well and at the first major hurdle i fell and gave up. :sad: :sad: :sad: :mad:

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear you had a bad day. I sympathize because I do the same thing as well... on the bright side, It's not entirely too late! It's still fairly early in the day so exercise is a possibility! Even if it's just a little it will help, not just with calories, but your mood!

Even if you don't do that all you can do is pick yourself up, brush yourself off and start anew tomorrow. One fall won't hurt and it's all about moving on from there! Stay positive and you'll keep up with weight loss which will put you in a healthier mindset to handle this current and any future bad news!

You've got control! You have the power! Everything in your life is dependent on choices, choices that YOU make!

You got this! :)

Edit: Urk! I just saw on your profile that you're writing from England... so maybe it is a little late to get exercising today but I stand by the rest of what I said!!
  • bamac11
    bamac11 Posts: 4
    Options
    The day is not over. You can still exercise. Start again tomorrow.
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    I'm sorry that bad things happened in your day. DO NOT let it get the best of your efforts!! You are worth it...keep fighting for your goals!! Next meal, make better choices, that's all. I'm glad you knew that you could let us know you needed help! That's what we're here for! : )

PS...You didn't "give up", you came to where your support is!
  • jue1
    jue1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thanx hun, i know you're right and i will jump back on the wagon tomorrow! Thanx for your reply it does help to have others to drag you out of a slump. :smile:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    The good news is, that the day isn't over yet! You CAN get right back on track TODAY.

Bad news blows on the diet front for sure...but pick yourself back up and move on. Right now, its more about picking yourself back up and getting right back on track. You can do it!

Take another thirty minutes and tell yourself that after this thirty minutes that I am going to get back on track and move on.

That is all anyone can do. These things happen and will keep happening. Learning from your mistakes is your best defense at preventing it the next time!
  • jue1
    jue1 Posts: 38
    Options
    Thankyou for your replies everyone i feel better already. its so kind for people i have never even met to take a couple of minutes out of heir busy day to try to make me feel better!! its much appreciated. :smile: :smile:
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Not to worry hun. We all have days like that. I'm sorry you've had a bad day. The great thing is tomorrow is a brand new day and you get to start all over again.

You are fantastic! You have already gotten through the worst part of today. Things are on the up from here on.

When I've had challenging food days I find it helpful to log my food for the following day. It kind of sets your mind towards getting right back on track. Not sure if that's useful but give it a try.

Hugs :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lds25
    lds25 Posts: 68
    Options
    Girl I too have had bad days where I Emo-Ate and felt horrible. But the next day I remembered that when the sun came up I was getting another chance. Its a moment by moment choice and you cant change the past or dwell on it, you just shake it off and move along! You can do it!!!

Hugs!!!! :flowerforyou:
    Linda