Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What nsv are you most looking forward to?

Replies

• rwc4912
    rwc4912 Posts: 35 Member
    2 things
    Returning to my hockey team next year and dominating again

Getting my second black belt in a few years
  • tammycolbert
    tammycolbert Posts: 236 Member
    Clothes and as shallow as this may seem Compliments. I love hearing people tell me how good I am looking, it's something Ive never heard before and I really like it. It makes me feel beautiful, something I don't believe myself to be.
  • clockworkgeisha
    clockworkgeisha Posts: 48 Member
    Having the confidence to get some of those little denim shorts. I can get them in my size, but I wouldn't feel ok with wearing them just yet, my thighs are too flabtastic.

Ultimate NSV would be having a body like the woman that runs the Body Jam class at my gym. She looks AMAZING.
  • kirk_clawson
    kirk_clawson Posts: 36 Member
    I think the first time I can squat and/or deadlift my body weight, I'll probably scream like a damn fool.

I also won't mind the first time I notice someone looking me over at the grocery store. :)
  • tokig0313
    tokig0313 Posts: 99 Member
    1. Getting down to that next pant size (hopefully before July when I see my boyfriend again) - I have about 8 pairs of pants in my closet that are still in good condition from the last time I was that size and look forward to throwing away some of the pants that are too big.

2. Not being short of breath from everyday activities such as slugging laundry upstairs etc.

3. Feeling comfortable wearing a dress

4. Getting to see my boyfriend go 'wow'. He knows I've been working hard and has been amazing support all through my weight loss journey.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Finishing my first 5K Mud Run tomorrow :-)

Are you in Richmond? Good luck
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    To become a runner.
    To be toned and strong.
    To fit into cute clothes.
    To have my good habits rub off on my daughters.
    To be fabulous in my 40's!!
    To be a success story!!!
  • Harlequinndancer
    Harlequinndancer Posts: 86 Member
    Throwing out my 'fat' clothes once and for all!
  • Pamella513
    Pamella513 Posts: 72
    I have a pair of denim shorts that I wore when I was 21 and my husband and I just started dating. He loved those shorts and how they looked on me. As I gained....and gained....and gained weight, I never threw those shorts out. I'm 42 now. I've had those shorts in my closet for over 20 years just waiting for my *kitten* to fit back into them and, good gravy.....I WILL!!!!!
  • Skye_NS
    Skye_NS Posts: 214 Member
    To not feel like I look like this when I play with my son at the playground. Especially when he wants me to go down the slides....

34ca6cb8661c79d5d4e8721be21c1679631752ce.jpg

ETA:
    - I recently made my goal of swimming lanes for the first time ever! Next up is to actually learn how to do it well! (Next class starts in July)
    - To be able to shop in "normal" sizes again.
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    finishing my first 5K walk/run in June. Color me RAD- no time just finishing!
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    1. Fitting into all my cute jeans, skirts, and shorts (almost there!)
    2. I want to feel confident wearing a sleeveless dress/top (this one might take a while still...). I'm incredibly self conscious about my arms.
  • cerexflikex
    cerexflikex Posts: 58
    1: To no longer need Plus Size clothing.
    2: Be able to wear my heels without a ton of pain
    3: To look better than I did in High school.
    4: Be able to go clothes shopping in any store, knowing I can shop there and they'd have my size.
    5: To wear a bikini, never have in my life.
    6: To feel confident and sexy while naked. Which I don't yet.
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    For me it's being able to go out and buy some clothes I look good in! And pulling up my pants and not having any stomach flab over it. I can't even remember the last time I had that.

Being able to move and exercise as much as I want--to be able to walk all day when I go to amusement parks and fit on the rides. I want to be able to fit in a booth too. These are my biggest goals as far as NSV.
  • JDBLY11
    Clothes and as shallow as this may seem Compliments. I love hearing people tell me how good I am looking, it's something Ive never heard before and I really like it. It makes me feel beautiful, something I don't believe myself to be.

I would rather be left alone about my appearance so that is not a goal I have.
  • JDBLY11
    This is kinda sad and I'm not sure if it counts, but I'm looking forward to being like 2 or 3 years out from my goal weight, and not needing to weigh myself or log my food or worry that a french fry will make me fat. When diet and exercise and moderation are just second nature. My ultimate NSV will be having the body I want without having it be a chore.

I know I will always have to log my food and weigh myself. That is not a big deal though. It really does not take much time.
  • JDBLY11

I would also like to take a trip where I can actually enjoy the sites because I can walk for hours and not feel like I'm going to die that night.

That is what I want too.
  • lauraj2015
    lauraj2015 Posts: 28 Member
    my family to notice I've lost weight!!

11 lbs down 26 to go!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    wearing a bikini
  • GormanGhaste
    GormanGhaste Posts: 430 Member
    finishing my first 5K walk/run in June. Color me RAD- no time just finishing!
    There will be one of those near here in the fall, they sound like a lot of fun!

As for my nsv, I just want to feel more comfortable in my own skin.